NIA to submit report on Kerala IG`s controversial Qatar visit
New Delhi: Central probe agency NIA will
soon be submitting its report about the alleged association of
a Kerala IPS officer with certain people having terror links
whom he had met during his Qatar visit earlier this year.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA), which has been
assigned to look into the matter by the Centre, will soon be
filing its report after recording the statement of the Indian
Ambassador to Qatar, Deepa Gopalan Wadhwa, official sources
The Centre had ordered through investigations after it
received a report from its Qatar mission as well as from
other security agencies about the alleged misconduct of
Inspector General of Police Tomin J Thachankary.
According to reports, Thachankary, a 1987 batch IPS
officer, had allegedly met some persons in Qatar who are said
to have terror links. The charges were, however, refuted by
The reports had claimed that Thachankary met some
Keralites allegedly having terror links in the Gulf and
offered to help them return to their home state.
The External Affairs Ministry had passed on this
information to the Home Ministry which had asked the state
government to carry-out investigations in the matter.
Thachankary was suspended when he was IG (Kannur) some
months back for making a foreign trip allegedly without
government permission in violation of the service rules.
Earlier also, he was suspended following a case relating
to amassing wealth disproportionate to his known sources of
income. However, he was re-instated following a High Court
order as the vigilance probe in the case kept dragging on.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!