NIA to submit report on Kerala IG`s controversial Qatar visit
New Delhi: Central probe agency NIA will
soon be submitting its report about the alleged association of
a Kerala IPS officer with certain people having terror links
whom he had met during his Qatar visit earlier this year.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA), which has been
assigned to look into the matter by the Centre, will soon be
filing its report after recording the statement of the Indian
Ambassador to Qatar, Deepa Gopalan Wadhwa, official sources
The Centre had ordered through investigations after it
received a report from its Qatar mission as well as from
other security agencies about the alleged misconduct of
Inspector General of Police Tomin J Thachankary.
According to reports, Thachankary, a 1987 batch IPS
officer, had allegedly met some persons in Qatar who are said
to have terror links. The charges were, however, refuted by
The reports had claimed that Thachankary met some
Keralites allegedly having terror links in the Gulf and
offered to help them return to their home state.
The External Affairs Ministry had passed on this
information to the Home Ministry which had asked the state
government to carry-out investigations in the matter.
Thachankary was suspended when he was IG (Kannur) some
months back for making a foreign trip allegedly without
government permission in violation of the service rules.
Earlier also, he was suspended following a case relating
to amassing wealth disproportionate to his known sources of
income. However, he was re-instated following a High Court
order as the vigilance probe in the case kept dragging on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day