NIC meet: Chandrababu Naidu walks out over Telangana
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) chief and former Andhra Pradesh chief minister Chandrababu Naidu walked out of the National Integration Council (NIC) meet being held here, Monday, after he was not allowed t raise the Telangana issue during the discussions.
Naidu said that he walked out after the Home Minister and Finance Minister rejected his demand that Andhra Pradesh bifurcation issue be discussed during the high-level meet that is being attended by the Prime Minister, UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi, senior UPA ministers, chief ministers of many states and other important political leaders, bureaucrats and media personalities.
“For last four years state (AP) is in uncertainty, Telangana has been on the boil, Congress wants to take political gain out of this,” Naidu said.
The TDP boss alleged that Andhra bifurcation was a political game. “The state burning, virtually, yet this isn`t an agenda at NIC,” he said.
“If I can`t raise issue of national concern (Telangana), what is NIC`s use?” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand