NIC meet: Chandrababu Naidu walks out over Telangana
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) chief and former Andhra Pradesh chief minister Chandrababu Naidu walked out of the National Integration Council (NIC) meet being held here, Monday, after he was not allowed t raise the Telangana issue during the discussions.
Naidu said that he walked out after the Home Minister and Finance Minister rejected his demand that Andhra Pradesh bifurcation issue be discussed during the high-level meet that is being attended by the Prime Minister, UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi, senior UPA ministers, chief ministers of many states and other important political leaders, bureaucrats and media personalities.
“For last four years state (AP) is in uncertainty, Telangana has been on the boil, Congress wants to take political gain out of this,” Naidu said.
The TDP boss alleged that Andhra bifurcation was a political game. “The state burning, virtually, yet this isn`t an agenda at NIC,” he said.
“If I can`t raise issue of national concern (Telangana), what is NIC`s use?” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral