NIC meet: Chandrababu Naidu walks out over Telangana
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) chief and former Andhra Pradesh chief minister Chandrababu Naidu walked out of the National Integration Council (NIC) meet being held here, Monday, after he was not allowed t raise the Telangana issue during the discussions.
Naidu said that he walked out after the Home Minister and Finance Minister rejected his demand that Andhra Pradesh bifurcation issue be discussed during the high-level meet that is being attended by the Prime Minister, UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi, senior UPA ministers, chief ministers of many states and other important political leaders, bureaucrats and media personalities.
“For last four years state (AP) is in uncertainty, Telangana has been on the boil, Congress wants to take political gain out of this,” Naidu said.
The TDP boss alleged that Andhra bifurcation was a political game. “The state burning, virtually, yet this isn`t an agenda at NIC,” he said.
“If I can`t raise issue of national concern (Telangana), what is NIC`s use?” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- Piers Morgan TWEETS AGAIN: UK journalist takes credit for PM Modi setting up task force for next three Olympics
- MS Dhoni says it will be an interesting series against `extraordinary` West Indies
- Obama creates world's largest marine reserve in Hawaii
- How malaria supports spread of infectious cancer in Africa
- Cricket in America: MS Dhoni sees USA as a special market