NIC meet: Chandrababu Naidu walks out over Telangana
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) chief and former Andhra Pradesh chief minister Chandrababu Naidu walked out of the National Integration Council (NIC) meet being held here, Monday, after he was not allowed t raise the Telangana issue during the discussions.
Naidu said that he walked out after the Home Minister and Finance Minister rejected his demand that Andhra Pradesh bifurcation issue be discussed during the high-level meet that is being attended by the Prime Minister, UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi, senior UPA ministers, chief ministers of many states and other important political leaders, bureaucrats and media personalities.
“For last four years state (AP) is in uncertainty, Telangana has been on the boil, Congress wants to take political gain out of this,” Naidu said.
The TDP boss alleged that Andhra bifurcation was a political game. “The state burning, virtually, yet this isn`t an agenda at NIC,” he said.
“If I can`t raise issue of national concern (Telangana), what is NIC`s use?” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre