Nido Taniam death: Rahul Gandhi assures Northeast students
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Guwahati: Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday sought to assure the people of Northeast migrating to other parts of the country for livelihood, during an interaction with school students here.
Rahul is currently on a two-day visit to Assam, as part of his Northeast outreach ahead of the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
Referring to the recent death of Arunachal Pradesh student Nido Taniam in Delhi over a trivial issue, Rahul said “ignorance is the cause of what happened to Nido in Delhi.”
Nido died last month after succumbing to his injuries sustained in a fight with few men in a south Delhi market, after the latter commented adversely on his hair style.
Hitting out at politicians who spread hatred, Rahul said, “People are not bad, people get angry and act accordingly. When politicians come and say bad things it affects the citizens.”
Noting that he found inspiration in Mahatma Gandhi`s ideologies, the Congress V-P further said, “We have to tell people that they are a part of the country and are loved; anger needs to be eradicated."
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Rahul Gandhi visits ailing Sushma Swaraj at AIIMS
- Anybody can play Sangeeta Bijlani's role but not Naureen's: Prachi Desai
- Coal scam: Rungtas move HC against conviction, CBI reply sought
- Riteish Deshmukh has a new name for Tiger Shroff
- WATCH: Urvashi Rautela's sizzling dance with Dwayne Bravo at a party!