Nido Taniam death: Rahul Gandhi assures Northeast students
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Guwahati: Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday sought to assure the people of Northeast migrating to other parts of the country for livelihood, during an interaction with school students here.
Rahul is currently on a two-day visit to Assam, as part of his Northeast outreach ahead of the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
Referring to the recent death of Arunachal Pradesh student Nido Taniam in Delhi over a trivial issue, Rahul said “ignorance is the cause of what happened to Nido in Delhi.”
Nido died last month after succumbing to his injuries sustained in a fight with few men in a south Delhi market, after the latter commented adversely on his hair style.
Hitting out at politicians who spread hatred, Rahul said, “People are not bad, people get angry and act accordingly. When politicians come and say bad things it affects the citizens.”
Noting that he found inspiration in Mahatma Gandhi`s ideologies, the Congress V-P further said, “We have to tell people that they are a part of the country and are loved; anger needs to be eradicated."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!