Nihalchand should be sacked from Cabinet: Woman organisation
Jaipur: Accusing the BJP government at the Centre of "protecting" Union Minister Nihalchand Meghwal, who has been issued notice by a Jaipur court in a sexual assault case, an organisation of woman affiliated to Left parties today demanded that he be sacked from the Modi Cabinet and arrested.
"The BJP government at the Centre neither took any stern action against the MoS for Chemical and Fertilizer Nihalchand, nor extended any justice to the victim woman," said the president of the state unit of Akhil Bhartiya Janwadi Mahila Samiti in a statement here.
"The BJP government is protecting Nihalchand. He should be removed from the Modi Cabinet," she said.
"Neither the previous Congress government ensured any action on woman`s FIR with the Vaishali Nagar police station in Jaipur nor the present BJP government in the state too is inclined to extend any remedy to the victim woman," Saiwal alleged.
"This is was very unfortunate that Rajasthan has got a woman Chief Minister, Vasundhara Raje, but the victim is not getting justice," she said.
The minister should be arrested and given punishment forthwith, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi