Nihalchand should be sacked from Cabinet: Woman organisation
Jaipur: Accusing the BJP government at the Centre of "protecting" Union Minister Nihalchand Meghwal, who has been issued notice by a Jaipur court in a sexual assault case, an organisation of woman affiliated to Left parties today demanded that he be sacked from the Modi Cabinet and arrested.
"The BJP government at the Centre neither took any stern action against the MoS for Chemical and Fertilizer Nihalchand, nor extended any justice to the victim woman," said the president of the state unit of Akhil Bhartiya Janwadi Mahila Samiti in a statement here.
"The BJP government is protecting Nihalchand. He should be removed from the Modi Cabinet," she said.
"Neither the previous Congress government ensured any action on woman`s FIR with the Vaishali Nagar police station in Jaipur nor the present BJP government in the state too is inclined to extend any remedy to the victim woman," Saiwal alleged.
"This is was very unfortunate that Rajasthan has got a woman Chief Minister, Vasundhara Raje, but the victim is not getting justice," she said.
The minister should be arrested and given punishment forthwith, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened