Nihalchand should be sacked from Cabinet: Woman organisation
Jaipur: Accusing the BJP government at the Centre of "protecting" Union Minister Nihalchand Meghwal, who has been issued notice by a Jaipur court in a sexual assault case, an organisation of woman affiliated to Left parties today demanded that he be sacked from the Modi Cabinet and arrested.
"The BJP government at the Centre neither took any stern action against the MoS for Chemical and Fertilizer Nihalchand, nor extended any justice to the victim woman," said the president of the state unit of Akhil Bhartiya Janwadi Mahila Samiti in a statement here.
"The BJP government is protecting Nihalchand. He should be removed from the Modi Cabinet," she said.
"Neither the previous Congress government ensured any action on woman`s FIR with the Vaishali Nagar police station in Jaipur nor the present BJP government in the state too is inclined to extend any remedy to the victim woman," Saiwal alleged.
"This is was very unfortunate that Rajasthan has got a woman Chief Minister, Vasundhara Raje, but the victim is not getting justice," she said.
The minister should be arrested and given punishment forthwith, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...