NIIT partners with IGNOU for IT, management courses
New Delhi: IT education and training major
NIIT today announced its partnership with Indira Gandhi
National Open University (IGNOU) to collaborate in areas like
IT and management services.
Under the agreement, NIIT and IGNOU will jointly work on
curriculum and its delivery, examination and certification of
various programmes under areas like information technology and
management. NIIT is aiming at training about one million
students in the next five years under the partnership.
"As part of the partnership, we would offer IT and
management courses in collaboration with IGNOU. These courses
are targetted at skill building to enhance the employability
of the students," NIIT Chairman Rajendra S Pawar told
The courses are expected to commence from July this year
from 100 NIIT centres. The fee would range between Rs 15,000
and Rs 1.5 lakh, depending on the course and its duration.
"We will start with about 100 centres and scale it up to
300 centres over two years in the country. Besides, we would
also extend this to our centres in Asia Pacific and African
region," NIIT President (Global Individual Learning Business)
G Raghavan said.
NIIT has about 900 centres globally, of which 500 centres
are located in India.
The partnership will target sectors like IT, banking and
finance, BPO and retail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof