Nikam appointed public prosecutor in 13/7 case
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government has
appointed special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam to represent
it during the trial of 13/7 Mumbai triple blasts that claimed
Nikam, who was also the public prosecutor in the 26/11
Mumbai attacks case, in which, the only surviving terrorist
Ajmal Kasab was held guilty and sentenced to death, has been
appointed to represent the state in the blasts case, sources
Nikam said he would do his best in the trial court to
ensure highest punishment to the arrested accused in the case.
He had also represented the government in the 1993 bomb
blast case, the trial of which, lasted almost for 14 years,
BJP leader Pramod Mahajan murder trial and Gateway of India
blast case in 2003.
The Maharashtra ATS has so far arrested four alleged
operatives of Indian Mujahideen, identified as Haroon Naik,
hawala operator Kanwar Nain Wazeer Chand Patrija, Naqi Ahmed
Wasi Ahmed Sheikh and Nadeem Akhtar Ashfaq Sheikh in
connection with the triple blasts.
The elite investigating agency is yet to file charge
sheet in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas