Nikam appointed public prosecutor in 13/7 case
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government has
appointed special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam to represent
it during the trial of 13/7 Mumbai triple blasts that claimed
Nikam, who was also the public prosecutor in the 26/11
Mumbai attacks case, in which, the only surviving terrorist
Ajmal Kasab was held guilty and sentenced to death, has been
appointed to represent the state in the blasts case, sources
Nikam said he would do his best in the trial court to
ensure highest punishment to the arrested accused in the case.
He had also represented the government in the 1993 bomb
blast case, the trial of which, lasted almost for 14 years,
BJP leader Pramod Mahajan murder trial and Gateway of India
blast case in 2003.
The Maharashtra ATS has so far arrested four alleged
operatives of Indian Mujahideen, identified as Haroon Naik,
hawala operator Kanwar Nain Wazeer Chand Patrija, Naqi Ahmed
Wasi Ahmed Sheikh and Nadeem Akhtar Ashfaq Sheikh in
connection with the triple blasts.
The elite investigating agency is yet to file charge
sheet in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?
- Lachipora encounter: Security forces shot dead 2 militants; gunbattle underway
- IIFA 2016: Ranveer Singh gets his fanboy moment with Fawad Khan!
- Accused of 'intimidation', Delhi Deputy CM Sisodia to stage protest march to PM Modi's residence