Nikam appointed public prosecutor in 13/7 case
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government has
appointed special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam to represent
it during the trial of 13/7 Mumbai triple blasts that claimed
Nikam, who was also the public prosecutor in the 26/11
Mumbai attacks case, in which, the only surviving terrorist
Ajmal Kasab was held guilty and sentenced to death, has been
appointed to represent the state in the blasts case, sources
Nikam said he would do his best in the trial court to
ensure highest punishment to the arrested accused in the case.
He had also represented the government in the 1993 bomb
blast case, the trial of which, lasted almost for 14 years,
BJP leader Pramod Mahajan murder trial and Gateway of India
blast case in 2003.
The Maharashtra ATS has so far arrested four alleged
operatives of Indian Mujahideen, identified as Haroon Naik,
hawala operator Kanwar Nain Wazeer Chand Patrija, Naqi Ahmed
Wasi Ahmed Sheikh and Nadeem Akhtar Ashfaq Sheikh in
connection with the triple blasts.
The elite investigating agency is yet to file charge
sheet in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Bailey stars as Australia deny Sri Lanka winning farewell to Dilshan; lead ODI series 2-1
- EPL 2016-17: Gameweek 3 — City go top with win over Hammers
- Glowing distant stars become Hubble's latest subject! - See pic
- PM Modi reaches out to people of Kashmir Valley, talks of 'unity and compassion', slams those fomenting trouble
- Clothes that repair their own rips? Study swears on new coatings!