Nikam hails death to Yakub Memon, wants US action against brother
Mumbai: Ujjwal Nikam, the Special Public Prosecutor in the 1993 blasts case, on Thursday hailed Supreme Court`s verdict upholding death sentence to Yakub Memon, brother of absconding accused Tiger Memon, believed to be hiding in Pakistan.
"I am very happy that death sentence to Yakub has been upheld by the Supreme Court. The death sentence awarded to Yakub should result in bringing pressure on Pakistan, which will find it difficult to shelter Tiger Memon and Dawood Ibrahim any more," Nikam told reporters after the verdict.
Nikam said it was unfortunate that Tiger Memon and Dawood Ibrahim, who along with Yakub, hatched the conspiracy for the blasts in Dubai, were taking shelter in Pakistan.
"I want the US government to take stringent steps now. Upholding of death sentence to Yakub should pave the way for dangerous terrorists like Tiger Memon to be forced out of Pakistan to face legal process in India," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000