Nikam hails death to Yakub Memon, wants US action against brother
Mumbai: Ujjwal Nikam, the Special Public Prosecutor in the 1993 blasts case, on Thursday hailed Supreme Court`s verdict upholding death sentence to Yakub Memon, brother of absconding accused Tiger Memon, believed to be hiding in Pakistan.
"I am very happy that death sentence to Yakub has been upheld by the Supreme Court. The death sentence awarded to Yakub should result in bringing pressure on Pakistan, which will find it difficult to shelter Tiger Memon and Dawood Ibrahim any more," Nikam told reporters after the verdict.
Nikam said it was unfortunate that Tiger Memon and Dawood Ibrahim, who along with Yakub, hatched the conspiracy for the blasts in Dubai, were taking shelter in Pakistan.
"I want the US government to take stringent steps now. Upholding of death sentence to Yakub should pave the way for dangerous terrorists like Tiger Memon to be forced out of Pakistan to face legal process in India," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed