Nikam hails death to Yakub Memon, wants US action against brother
Mumbai: Ujjwal Nikam, the Special Public Prosecutor in the 1993 blasts case, on Thursday hailed Supreme Court`s verdict upholding death sentence to Yakub Memon, brother of absconding accused Tiger Memon, believed to be hiding in Pakistan.
"I am very happy that death sentence to Yakub has been upheld by the Supreme Court. The death sentence awarded to Yakub should result in bringing pressure on Pakistan, which will find it difficult to shelter Tiger Memon and Dawood Ibrahim any more," Nikam told reporters after the verdict.
Nikam said it was unfortunate that Tiger Memon and Dawood Ibrahim, who along with Yakub, hatched the conspiracy for the blasts in Dubai, were taking shelter in Pakistan.
"I want the US government to take stringent steps now. Upholding of death sentence to Yakub should pave the way for dangerous terrorists like Tiger Memon to be forced out of Pakistan to face legal process in India," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- In Pics: Remember 'Hip Hip Hurray'? This is what its star-cast looks like now!
- Champions League final goal like losing virginity – Sergio Ramos
- Madhur Bhandarkar takes expert advice from Subramanian Swamy for film on emergency? View pics
- Scramble begins in BJP's Kerala unit for union ministry berth
- Afghan Taliban struggle to select Mansour's successor