Nine blasts at Bodh Gaya temple, confirms Shinde
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Sunday said that nine blasts went off at the Mahabodhi temple area in Bihar`s Bodh Gaya town. Two live bombs were successfully defused, he said.
Talking to reporters, the home minister said four of nine bombs went off in the temple complex, three in a monastery nearby, one near the statue of Buddha, and another near a tourist bus.
"Two live bombs were detected and defused," Shinde said.
Two monks were injured the terror attacks, which occurred early on Sunday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing