Nine blasts at Bodh Gaya temple, confirms Shinde
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Sunday said that nine blasts went off at the Mahabodhi temple area in Bihar`s Bodh Gaya town. Two live bombs were successfully defused, he said.
Talking to reporters, the home minister said four of nine bombs went off in the temple complex, three in a monastery nearby, one near the statue of Buddha, and another near a tourist bus.
"Two live bombs were detected and defused," Shinde said.
Two monks were injured the terror attacks, which occurred early on Sunday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test