Nine blasts at Bodh Gaya temple, confirms Shinde
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Sunday said that nine blasts went off at the Mahabodhi temple area in Bihar`s Bodh Gaya town. Two live bombs were successfully defused, he said.
Talking to reporters, the home minister said four of nine bombs went off in the temple complex, three in a monastery nearby, one near the statue of Buddha, and another near a tourist bus.
"Two live bombs were detected and defused," Shinde said.
Two monks were injured the terror attacks, which occurred early on Sunday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof