Nine blasts at Bodh Gaya temple, confirms Shinde
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Sunday said that nine blasts went off at the Mahabodhi temple area in Bihar`s Bodh Gaya town. Two live bombs were successfully defused, he said.
Talking to reporters, the home minister said four of nine bombs went off in the temple complex, three in a monastery nearby, one near the statue of Buddha, and another near a tourist bus.
"Two live bombs were detected and defused," Shinde said.
Two monks were injured the terror attacks, which occurred early on Sunday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack