Nine blasts at Bodh Gaya temple, confirms Shinde
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Sunday said that nine blasts went off at the Mahabodhi temple area in Bihar`s Bodh Gaya town. Two live bombs were successfully defused, he said.
Talking to reporters, the home minister said four of nine bombs went off in the temple complex, three in a monastery nearby, one near the statue of Buddha, and another near a tourist bus.
"Two live bombs were detected and defused," Shinde said.
Two monks were injured the terror attacks, which occurred early on Sunday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?