Nine pvt varsities face allegations of violating UGC norms
New Delhi: Nine private universities are
facing complaints of violating the regulations of University
Grants Commission (UGC), the Lok Sabha was told Wednesday.
They are functioning outside their territorial
jurisdiction or within the territorial jurisdiction without
the approval of UGC, Minister of State for HRD D Purandeswari
said in a written reply.
These institutions are Amity University, Uttar
Pradesh, ICFAI University, Dehradun, Global Open University,
Nagaland, Eastern Institute for Integrated Learning in
Management University, Sikkim, Sikkim Manipal University of
Health Medical and Technological Sciences, Gangtok, Singhania
University, Jhunjhunu, University of Petroleum and Energy
Studies, Dehradun, Himgiri Nabh Vishwavidyalaya, Dehradun and
Integral University, Lucknow.
Private universities established by state legislatures
are governed by the UGC (Establishment of and Maintenance of
Standards in Private Universities) Regulations, 2003.
Himgiri Nabh Vishwavidyalaya, Dehradun has closed down
its off campus centre outside its territorial jurisdiction,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed