Nirmal Baba banned from Maha Kumbh
Allahabad: After allegations of fraud were levelled against him, self-styled godman Nirmal Baba now faces the prospect of being barred from taking part in the Maha Kumbh Mela scheduled to be held in Allahabad early next year.
Head priests of important temples from across the country have united to oppose the entry of ‘fraud’ Nirmaljeet Singh Narula alias Nirmal Baba at the Maha Kumbh, reports said on Monday.
The decision was taken during the two-day conference of Akhil Bhartiya Teerth Purohit Mahasabha held at Allahabad. The priests have also decided to boycott Nirmal Baba.
Going a step further, the Mahasabha – comprising of priests from 84 important religious shrines in the country - has also decided to approach Prime Minister Manmohan Singh demanding that all self-styled godmen be barred from taking part in the Kumbh.
The priests believe that gurus like Nirmal Baba do nothing but extort money in the name of religion.
FIR against Nirmal Baba
Yesterday, a FIR was lodged against Nirmal Baba under sections 417, 420 of Indian Penal Code in Forbesganj police station of Araria District in Bihar after Rakesh Singh, a devotee, submitted a written complaint against him. Singh accused him of forgery in the name of religion.
Nirmal Baba has been in the line of fire after several allegations of cheating and fraud surfaced against him.
He has been accused of amassing over Rs 100 crores in just three months. As per reports, Nirmal Baba at his congregations asks for 10 per cent of the salary from all those who visit him to seek solutions to their problems.
He also charges Rs 2,000 from every participant who wishes to be a part of his commune, `samagam`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what