Nirmal Baba used donations to buy hotel
New Delhi: In another revelation, a report in a newspaper claims that Nirmaljit Singh Narula alias Nirmal Baba, who is under scanner for his immense wealth, has purchased a hotel using donations from his followers.
The popularity graph of Nirmal Baba has nosedived after reports in the media about his wealth and assets.
According to Prabhat Khabar, a Jharkhand-based Hindi daily, the hotel in Delhi’s Greater Kailash was purchased for Rs 30 crores. The daily claimed that the godman purchased the hotel with the money donated by Baba’s followers in Samagam and Daswant (10% of one’s earnings).
At present, the market value of the hotel is worth Rs 35 crores.
Speaking to a news channel, former owner of the hotel, Ashwani Kapoor, revealed that the godman wanted to open a chain of hotels.
Kapoor further said that he met Baba five times while finalising the deal, which was done through a broker. Nirmal Baba made payments for the hotel from the personal bank account number 15460001 02129694, which is in the name of Nirmaljeet Singh Narula.
A report on Saturday said that over Rs 123 crores were deposited in the godman’s above-mentioned account between January 04 and April 13, 2012.
According to the newspaper, during the same period Rs 105.56 crores were also withdrawn from the same account and the balance as on April 13 was Rs 17.47 crores.
On Friday, the daily had reported that Rs 109 crores were found to be deposited in Nirmal Baba’s two bank accounts in just three months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs