Nirmohi Akhara to challenge in SC verdict in Ayodhya case
Lucknow: Nirmohi Akhara, one of the three
claimants to the disputed site in Ayodhya, Saturday said it will
challenge in the Supreme Court the Allahabad High Court
verdict in the case.
Mahant Bhaskar Das of the Nirmohi Akhara, which has
been involved with negotiations with other claimants since the
verdict came out, also said that Muslims should clarify where
they want to construct the mosque.
"If it is outside the periphery of Panchkosi
parikrama, we are ready to give land, but in any case will not
settle for the mosque on the janmbhoomi," he said.
Ahead of the All India Muslim Personal Law Board
working committee meeting today, Das said that "in the HC
verdict, we have been given land which is already under
Akhara`s possession. The issue of another portion for which a
suit was filed is yet to be resolved. Under such circumstances
we have no other option but to move the apex court".
Das, who had an hour-long closed door meeting with BJP
leader Vinay Katiyar yesterday, noted that the legal committee
of the All India Muslim Personal Board has recommended that
the Ayodhya verdict be challenged in the Supreme Court.
The Akhara Mahant said that he was not certain whether
the ongoing negotiations will yield some results.
"Though talks are on, but there is no certainty that
it ill give any result," he said.
Das said the Akhara was committed towards construction
of the temple and the target will be achieved with the help of
the Hindu community.
"Negotiations could go on even after the case reaches
the apex court. Doors for talks and discussion are always
open," he said.
The Allahabad High Court had on September 30
pronounced judgment in the Ayodhya title suit, saying Hindus
and Muslims were joint title holders.
The bench had ruled a three-way division of the land -
one-third for the Sunni Waqf Board, one-third for the Nirmohi
Akhara and one-third to the party for `Ram Lalla`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset