Nirupama Rao meets top US State Dept officials
Washington: Indian Ambassador to the US, Nirupama Rao, has met top officials of the State Department and discussed Indo-US bilateral relationship and the bomb
blast at the Delhi High Court, officials said.
The former Indian Foreign Secretary, Rao, who arrived in Washington on Tuesday, had her first official engagement with US Deputy Secretary of State William Burns at the State Department yesterday.
She also met Under Secretary of State for Democracy and Global Affairs Maria Oterio, besides meeting senior officials from the South and Central Asia Bureau of the State Department and Senior Officials representing Department of defence.
State Department spokesman, Victoria Nuland, said during the meeting Rao was conveyed America’s sympathy and solidarity on the killing of innocent people due to the terrorist attack at the Delhi High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!