Nirupama Rao presents credentials to Obama
Washington: Describing India-US global strategic partnership as a defining and indispensible collaboration for the 21st century, President Barack Obama has said their dynamic friendship advances peace and prosperity in Asia and the world.
Obama conveyed these sentiments to India`s new Ambassador Nirupama Rao as she presented her credentials to the President at his Oval Office at the White House on Friday.
Warmly welcoming Rao, who has visited the American capital as the foreign secretary, back to Washington Obama wished her every success in her high responsibilities as India`s ambassador to the United States, according to an Indian Embassy release.
The two countries enjoy a natural friendship and that the India-US partnership has proven to be dynamic and broad and serves to advance peace and prosperity in Asia and the world, he said.
Rao said India was greatly encouraged by the President`s strong personal commitment to take the India-US strategic partnership forward.
She also conveyed warm greetings from President Pratibha Patil and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to him and the first lady Michelle Obama.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Sunil Munjal to step down from Hero MotoCorp Board on August 16
- 'Munnabhai' third part delayed due to Sanjay Dutt biopic: Arshad Warsi
- Companies likely to raise about $75 bn through issuance of green bonds in 2016
- Mayawati slur row: No relief for expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh from Allahabad HC
- OMG! 'Naagin' Mouni Roy has a doppelganger in another TV actress—Picture proof inside