Nirupama`s handwriting in suicide note: Report
Ranchi: Delhi journalist Nirupama Pathak, who was found dead in her Jharkhand home April 29, had herself written her suicide note, the forensic report has confirmed.
"The forensic report which has been submitted in the court says that the handwriting on the suicide note was of Nirupama Pathak," Arun Mishra, lawyer of Nirupama`s mother Sudha, said.
According to police, the suicide note was sent to the Forensic Science Laboratory in Kolkata. The report has been submitted to a Koderma court in Jharkhand.
The court, while hearing Sudha`s bail petition on June 9, directed the police to produce the forensic report and case diary of the case on June 23.
Sudha was arrested May 3 on charges of killing Nirupama. The family insists that Nirupama committed suicide but her boyfriend Priyabhanshu Ranjan alleged that she was killed by her family members who were against their relationship.
The anomalies in the autopsy report of Nirupama confused the investigators.
According to police, the three-member team which conducted postmortem examination did not mention the time of her death. Her viscera and the foetus she carried were not preserved. Also, the report did not mention about the injury marks on Nirupama`s body.
Investigators are yet to conclude whether Nirupama committed suicide or she was murdered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test