Nithyananda defends self, says scenes were morphed
Chennai: Self-styled godman Nithyananda
on Thursday claimed that four US-based forensic agencies have
concluded that visuals showing him in a compromising position
with an actress were "morphed."
"Forensic reports from four US-based agencies have
endorsed my claim showing 60 reasons. So the video aired
(by regional channels) was absolutely a fabricated lie," he
told reporters here.
He claimed the software used by those who morphed is
sophisticated and could not be detected by FSL labs in India,
but only by US based agencies.
Nithayananda, who has his ashram near Bangalore, was
arrested in Himachal Pradesh early in 2010 on criminal
charges, including rape after the controversial video was
telecast by TV channels. He was later released on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon