Nithyananda defends self, says scenes were morphed
Chennai: Self-styled godman Nithyananda
on Thursday claimed that four US-based forensic agencies have
concluded that visuals showing him in a compromising position
with an actress were "morphed."
"Forensic reports from four US-based agencies have
endorsed my claim showing 60 reasons. So the video aired
(by regional channels) was absolutely a fabricated lie," he
told reporters here.
He claimed the software used by those who morphed is
sophisticated and could not be detected by FSL labs in India,
but only by US based agencies.
Nithayananda, who has his ashram near Bangalore, was
arrested in Himachal Pradesh early in 2010 on criminal
charges, including rape after the controversial video was
telecast by TV channels. He was later released on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat