Nitin Gadkari attacks Centre over Hindu migrant issue
Jodhpur: BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Sunday attacked the Centre over its "failure" to protect the interest of Hindus in Pakistan, and announced to form a five-member committee to raise it at international forums.
Gadkari met the migrants here at a camp on Jhanwar road, and spent about half-an-hour with them. The BJP leader also announced an ex-gratia financial aid of Rs 5 lakh to them.
He assured them of making a five-member team including two MPs, "which will study the nitty-gritty of the issue, so that it could be taken up on the international forums and organisations."
Gadkari was in Jodhpur today as chief guest of the concluding ceremony of `Swadeshi Mela` at Polo Ground here.
He assured that if voted to power, his party will delegate the power of citizenship back to the district collectors so that the issue of citizenship does not stick up in the administrative wrangles and can be expedited at the district level.
"We already have this policy in place but with the Congress voted to power, the power from district collectors was snatched by the Central government," he claimed.
He told them, "We understand your problems and once we are in power, your welfare will be among our top priorities and we will also take up the issue at international level to seek permanent solution of the problem."
Attacking the central government, he said that "Hindu minority in Pakistan is at receiving ends and our government has failed to protect them."
"This reluctance and behaviuor of the government is quite disappointing and unjustified," he told.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside