Nitin Gadkari legally and morally clear: Gurumurthy
New Delhi: RSS ideologue S Gurumurthy, who has mediated on behalf of beleaguered BJP President Nitin Gadkari following allegations against him of dubious funding by his company Purthi Sugar and Power cropped up, on Wednesday came out in his support saying he is "legally and morally" clear.
"Re Gadkari. I examined legal & moral aspect. The 14 questioned cos belong Nagpur group that invested in Purti in 2004 and told IT dept," Gurumurthy, a chartered accountant, tweeked today.
"So I am convinced that Nitin has legally nothing to do with the 14 questioned cos. Morally he is clear becos Nagpur has owned them in 2003/4," he further tweeted.
Gurumurthy said the companies, which invested in Purti Group, belong to a Nagpur Group, which have no political connections.
Gurumurthy, who has been managing the crisis and meeting with senior BJP leaders on behalf of Gadkari and RSS after noted lawyer and party MP Ram Jethmalani openly attacked Gadkari and demanded his immediate resignation as President, said Gadkari was clean.
"I have verified that the Nagpur group has no political connection. No government contract. But they are worried about media exposure. Rightly," he tweeted.
Gurumurthy said "Nagpur group is a group of Jain family with 2000 crore asset base, Not a marginal player. Manages 15 k worth jain charities."
He said "I have met them (the family), interrogated them and ascertained the truth...Their media shyness has been taken advantage of by the media. Nitin is not even aware of how they have arranged to keep their investments," he said.
About the driver, Gurumurthy said "he was driver decades ago. Now a supervisor. Media has made him a driver."
Gurumurthy accused the media of sensationalising the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you