Nitin Gadkari legally and morally clear: Gurumurthy
New Delhi: RSS ideologue S Gurumurthy, who has mediated on behalf of beleaguered BJP President Nitin Gadkari following allegations against him of dubious funding by his company Purthi Sugar and Power cropped up, on Wednesday came out in his support saying he is "legally and morally" clear.
"Re Gadkari. I examined legal & moral aspect. The 14 questioned cos belong Nagpur group that invested in Purti in 2004 and told IT dept," Gurumurthy, a chartered accountant, tweeked today.
"So I am convinced that Nitin has legally nothing to do with the 14 questioned cos. Morally he is clear becos Nagpur has owned them in 2003/4," he further tweeted.
Gurumurthy said the companies, which invested in Purti Group, belong to a Nagpur Group, which have no political connections.
Gurumurthy, who has been managing the crisis and meeting with senior BJP leaders on behalf of Gadkari and RSS after noted lawyer and party MP Ram Jethmalani openly attacked Gadkari and demanded his immediate resignation as President, said Gadkari was clean.
"I have verified that the Nagpur group has no political connection. No government contract. But they are worried about media exposure. Rightly," he tweeted.
Gurumurthy said "Nagpur group is a group of Jain family with 2000 crore asset base, Not a marginal player. Manages 15 k worth jain charities."
He said "I have met them (the family), interrogated them and ascertained the truth...Their media shyness has been taken advantage of by the media. Nitin is not even aware of how they have arranged to keep their investments," he said.
About the driver, Gurumurthy said "he was driver decades ago. Now a supervisor. Media has made him a driver."
Gurumurthy accused the media of sensationalising the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Massive surge in BJP's seats; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway