Nitin Gadkari legally and morally clear: Gurumurthy
New Delhi: RSS ideologue S Gurumurthy, who has mediated on behalf of beleaguered BJP President Nitin Gadkari following allegations against him of dubious funding by his company Purthi Sugar and Power cropped up, on Wednesday came out in his support saying he is "legally and morally" clear.
"Re Gadkari. I examined legal & moral aspect. The 14 questioned cos belong Nagpur group that invested in Purti in 2004 and told IT dept," Gurumurthy, a chartered accountant, tweeked today.
"So I am convinced that Nitin has legally nothing to do with the 14 questioned cos. Morally he is clear becos Nagpur has owned them in 2003/4," he further tweeted.
Gurumurthy said the companies, which invested in Purti Group, belong to a Nagpur Group, which have no political connections.
Gurumurthy, who has been managing the crisis and meeting with senior BJP leaders on behalf of Gadkari and RSS after noted lawyer and party MP Ram Jethmalani openly attacked Gadkari and demanded his immediate resignation as President, said Gadkari was clean.
"I have verified that the Nagpur group has no political connection. No government contract. But they are worried about media exposure. Rightly," he tweeted.
Gurumurthy said "Nagpur group is a group of Jain family with 2000 crore asset base, Not a marginal player. Manages 15 k worth jain charities."
He said "I have met them (the family), interrogated them and ascertained the truth...Their media shyness has been taken advantage of by the media. Nitin is not even aware of how they have arranged to keep their investments," he said.
About the driver, Gurumurthy said "he was driver decades ago. Now a supervisor. Media has made him a driver."
Gurumurthy accused the media of sensationalising the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation