Nitin Gadkari meets Narendra Modi in Gandhinagar
Ahmedabad: Former BJP president Nitin Gadkari, who was recently named one of the members of the party`s Election Campaign Committee for 2014 polls, on Sunday called upon Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi at his residence in Gandhinagar.
Modi is the chairman of the BJP`s election campaign committee.
"Gadkari came to attend a social function in the state and paid a courtesy visit to Modi," said BJP spokesperson I K Jadeja.
He was evasive when asked about what transpired at the meeting between the two leaders.
"They must have discussed some political issues. But I don`t know what transpired in the meeting," he said.
In the Election Campaign Committee announced on Friday, Gadkari was asked to pay "special attention" to Delhi in the forthcoming Assembly election scheduled at the end of the year.
The former BJP president was also entrusted with the responsibility of preparing the vision document, highlighting achievements of erstwhile NDA government, which will be released with the party`s election manifesto.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre