Nitin Gadkari, Sharad Yadav join Baba Ramdev
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Nitin Gadkari and JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav on Monday joined Baba Ramdev at Ramlila Maidan on Monday even as the yoga guru and his supporters are all set to march to Parliament to sit on a dharna.
Although it is not yet clear whether Gadkari and Sharad Yadav will join the march but their presence will surely heat up the situation.
Hundreds of police personal have been deployed around the Ramlila Maidan to try and prevent Ramdev’s procession to move towards Parliament.
Ramdev has rejected suggestions that his movement is now political in nature and soft towards NDA, Ramdev said other political parties like Biju Janata Dal (BJD), Shirmoani Aklai dal (SAD) have already extended their support to his movement.
He even claimed that he is in talks with NCP chief Sharad Pawar.
Earlier, accusing the government of not heeding to the voice of the nation, yoga guru Baba Ramdev announced that he along with his supporters will march to the Parliament from Ramlila Maidan to sit on a dharna.
“The time to sit is over, now is the time to awake and stand up. As the next step we will march to the Parliament and sit on a dharna there, we will not lay siege to the Parliament but protest outside the Parliament,” Ramdev said.
The Parliament’s Monsoon Session is currently underway.
Ramdev has been fasting for the last four days at Ramlila Maidan demanding that government bring a strong Lokpal bill, ensure transparency in naming heads of the CBI and the EC and make efforts to bring back black money stashed in foreign banks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP