Nitin Gadkari, Sharad Yadav join Baba Ramdev
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Nitin Gadkari and JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav on Monday joined Baba Ramdev at Ramlila Maidan on Monday even as the yoga guru and his supporters are all set to march to Parliament to sit on a dharna.
Although it is not yet clear whether Gadkari and Sharad Yadav will join the march but their presence will surely heat up the situation.
Hundreds of police personal have been deployed around the Ramlila Maidan to try and prevent Ramdev’s procession to move towards Parliament.
Ramdev has rejected suggestions that his movement is now political in nature and soft towards NDA, Ramdev said other political parties like Biju Janata Dal (BJD), Shirmoani Aklai dal (SAD) have already extended their support to his movement.
He even claimed that he is in talks with NCP chief Sharad Pawar.
Earlier, accusing the government of not heeding to the voice of the nation, yoga guru Baba Ramdev announced that he along with his supporters will march to the Parliament from Ramlila Maidan to sit on a dharna.
“The time to sit is over, now is the time to awake and stand up. As the next step we will march to the Parliament and sit on a dharna there, we will not lay siege to the Parliament but protest outside the Parliament,” Ramdev said.
The Parliament’s Monsoon Session is currently underway.
Ramdev has been fasting for the last four days at Ramlila Maidan demanding that government bring a strong Lokpal bill, ensure transparency in naming heads of the CBI and the EC and make efforts to bring back black money stashed in foreign banks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack