Nitin Gadkari, Sharad Yadav join Baba Ramdev
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Nitin Gadkari and JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav on Monday joined Baba Ramdev at Ramlila Maidan on Monday even as the yoga guru and his supporters are all set to march to Parliament to sit on a dharna.
Although it is not yet clear whether Gadkari and Sharad Yadav will join the march but their presence will surely heat up the situation.
Hundreds of police personal have been deployed around the Ramlila Maidan to try and prevent Ramdev’s procession to move towards Parliament.
Ramdev has rejected suggestions that his movement is now political in nature and soft towards NDA, Ramdev said other political parties like Biju Janata Dal (BJD), Shirmoani Aklai dal (SAD) have already extended their support to his movement.
He even claimed that he is in talks with NCP chief Sharad Pawar.
Earlier, accusing the government of not heeding to the voice of the nation, yoga guru Baba Ramdev announced that he along with his supporters will march to the Parliament from Ramlila Maidan to sit on a dharna.
“The time to sit is over, now is the time to awake and stand up. As the next step we will march to the Parliament and sit on a dharna there, we will not lay siege to the Parliament but protest outside the Parliament,” Ramdev said.
The Parliament’s Monsoon Session is currently underway.
Ramdev has been fasting for the last four days at Ramlila Maidan demanding that government bring a strong Lokpal bill, ensure transparency in naming heads of the CBI and the EC and make efforts to bring back black money stashed in foreign banks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest