Nitin Gadkari, Sharad Yadav join Baba Ramdev
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Nitin Gadkari and JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav on Monday joined Baba Ramdev at Ramlila Maidan on Monday even as the yoga guru and his supporters are all set to march to Parliament to sit on a dharna.
Although it is not yet clear whether Gadkari and Sharad Yadav will join the march but their presence will surely heat up the situation.
Hundreds of police personal have been deployed around the Ramlila Maidan to try and prevent Ramdev’s procession to move towards Parliament.
Ramdev has rejected suggestions that his movement is now political in nature and soft towards NDA, Ramdev said other political parties like Biju Janata Dal (BJD), Shirmoani Aklai dal (SAD) have already extended their support to his movement.
He even claimed that he is in talks with NCP chief Sharad Pawar.
Earlier, accusing the government of not heeding to the voice of the nation, yoga guru Baba Ramdev announced that he along with his supporters will march to the Parliament from Ramlila Maidan to sit on a dharna.
“The time to sit is over, now is the time to awake and stand up. As the next step we will march to the Parliament and sit on a dharna there, we will not lay siege to the Parliament but protest outside the Parliament,” Ramdev said.
The Parliament’s Monsoon Session is currently underway.
Ramdev has been fasting for the last four days at Ramlila Maidan demanding that government bring a strong Lokpal bill, ensure transparency in naming heads of the CBI and the EC and make efforts to bring back black money stashed in foreign banks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray