Nitin Gadkari visits Deekshabhoomi, Smriti Mandir
Nagpur: The newly-appointed Bharatiya Janata
Party president Nitin Gadkari on Sunday visited Deekshabhoomi and
Smriti Mandir, at Reshimbagh.
It was his maiden visit to the city`s signature locations
after assuming charge as the national president of the BJP.
Gadkari arrived at Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar International
Airport in the city at 7 am.
He visited Deekshabhoomi at 10 am and offered floral
tributes to the statues of Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar and Gautam
Besides, he has also offered tributes to an urn
containing ashes of Dr Ambedkar.
Deekshabhoomi Smarak Samiti also accorded a grand welcome
At 11 am, BJP national president visited Smriti Mandir,
Reshimbagh. It was his first visit after taking up
responsibility of the party at national-level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq