Nitin Gadkari visits Deekshabhoomi, Smriti Mandir
Nagpur: The newly-appointed Bharatiya Janata
Party president Nitin Gadkari on Sunday visited Deekshabhoomi and
Smriti Mandir, at Reshimbagh.
It was his maiden visit to the city`s signature locations
after assuming charge as the national president of the BJP.
Gadkari arrived at Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar International
Airport in the city at 7 am.
He visited Deekshabhoomi at 10 am and offered floral
tributes to the statues of Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar and Gautam
Besides, he has also offered tributes to an urn
containing ashes of Dr Ambedkar.
Deekshabhoomi Smarak Samiti also accorded a grand welcome
At 11 am, BJP national president visited Smriti Mandir,
Reshimbagh. It was his first visit after taking up
responsibility of the party at national-level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees