Nitin Gadkari visits Deekshabhoomi, Smriti Mandir
Nagpur: The newly-appointed Bharatiya Janata
Party president Nitin Gadkari on Sunday visited Deekshabhoomi and
Smriti Mandir, at Reshimbagh.
It was his maiden visit to the city`s signature locations
after assuming charge as the national president of the BJP.
Gadkari arrived at Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar International
Airport in the city at 7 am.
He visited Deekshabhoomi at 10 am and offered floral
tributes to the statues of Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar and Gautam
Besides, he has also offered tributes to an urn
containing ashes of Dr Ambedkar.
Deekshabhoomi Smarak Samiti also accorded a grand welcome
At 11 am, BJP national president visited Smriti Mandir,
Reshimbagh. It was his first visit after taking up
responsibility of the party at national-level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka