Nitin Gadkari visits Deekshabhoomi, Smriti Mandir
Nagpur: The newly-appointed Bharatiya Janata
Party president Nitin Gadkari on Sunday visited Deekshabhoomi and
Smriti Mandir, at Reshimbagh.
It was his maiden visit to the city`s signature locations
after assuming charge as the national president of the BJP.
Gadkari arrived at Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar International
Airport in the city at 7 am.
He visited Deekshabhoomi at 10 am and offered floral
tributes to the statues of Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar and Gautam
Besides, he has also offered tributes to an urn
containing ashes of Dr Ambedkar.
Deekshabhoomi Smarak Samiti also accorded a grand welcome
At 11 am, BJP national president visited Smriti Mandir,
Reshimbagh. It was his first visit after taking up
responsibility of the party at national-level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre