Nitish condemns Sena MPs act, seeks action
Patna: Senior JD(U) leader Nitish Kumar on Wednesday strongly condemned Shiv Sena MPs for allegedly forcing a fasting Muslim to eat and sought strong action against people "attacking" religious faith of other communities.
"Everybody has freedom to practise one`s religion and any activities against this is an attack on religious faith of others," Kumar told reporters reacting on the incident.
"Its like attacking the spirit of constitution," the former Bihar chief minister said, strongly disapproving the event involving Shiv Sena, an erstwhile NDA ally of JD(U).
Kumar sought stringent action against those indulging in such acts.
On talks between JD(U) and RJD of Lalu Prasad for alliance for 10 Assembly seats in Bihar going to bypoll on August 21, Kumar said all the parties opposed to BJP were in favour of such tie-up but no formal talks have taken place so far among us.
Asked about reports of him going to Delhi to hold talks with Lalu Prasad in this concern, Kumar replied in the negative.
"I am in Patna today, tomorrow and after that also," he said.
Asked if state JD(U) President Basistha Narayan Singh has gone to Delhi to hold talks with Lalu Prasad, he answered in the negative.
"Basistha Narayan Singh has gone to Delhi to attend session of Rajya Sabha of which he is a member. He has not gone to national capital for holding talks with anyone for tie-up," he said.
Kumar who has spoken about need for a grand secular alliance of JD(U), RJD, Congress and CPI against BJP, said at present parties were discussing the issue within their organisation.
"Talks will be held with parties in this regard soon," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees