Nitish condemns Sena MPs act, seeks action
Patna: Senior JD(U) leader Nitish Kumar on Wednesday strongly condemned Shiv Sena MPs for allegedly forcing a fasting Muslim to eat and sought strong action against people "attacking" religious faith of other communities.
"Everybody has freedom to practise one`s religion and any activities against this is an attack on religious faith of others," Kumar told reporters reacting on the incident.
"Its like attacking the spirit of constitution," the former Bihar chief minister said, strongly disapproving the event involving Shiv Sena, an erstwhile NDA ally of JD(U).
Kumar sought stringent action against those indulging in such acts.
On talks between JD(U) and RJD of Lalu Prasad for alliance for 10 Assembly seats in Bihar going to bypoll on August 21, Kumar said all the parties opposed to BJP were in favour of such tie-up but no formal talks have taken place so far among us.
Asked about reports of him going to Delhi to hold talks with Lalu Prasad in this concern, Kumar replied in the negative.
"I am in Patna today, tomorrow and after that also," he said.
Asked if state JD(U) President Basistha Narayan Singh has gone to Delhi to hold talks with Lalu Prasad, he answered in the negative.
"Basistha Narayan Singh has gone to Delhi to attend session of Rajya Sabha of which he is a member. He has not gone to national capital for holding talks with anyone for tie-up," he said.
Kumar who has spoken about need for a grand secular alliance of JD(U), RJD, Congress and CPI against BJP, said at present parties were discussing the issue within their organisation.
"Talks will be held with parties in this regard soon," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?