Nitish govt taking credit for central schemes: PM
Narpatganj (Bihar): Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh Saturday charged that Nitish Kumar-led NDA
government in Bihar has failed to fully implement
centrally-sponsored schemes but is taking credit for them.
The Bihar government had failed to implement the
Mahatama Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act
(MNREGA), besides the special scheme for minorities in the
state, Singh told an election meeting in Araria district.
"We have repeatedly tried to speed up the pace of
progress in Bihar in providing basic needs like electricity,
roads and good irrigation facilities. We started giving a
special annual package of Rs 1000 crore".
"... since 2004, till now, the Centre has given Rs
6000 crore and for 36 districts the Centre is giving special
assistance. These funds could have changed the face of the
state... power, roads, education could have been given to the
needy but the government has not fulfilled its duties."
He said there were instances where the central
assistance did reach the needy districts and people, but, in
such cases "the state government misled people by claiming
that the schemes were initiated by them".
"It is unfortunate to know that the state government
is taking credit for the schemes of the Central government and
their benefits are not reaching those intended," Singh told
the meeting here in this Muslim-dominated belt of Seemanchal.
Holding the past RJD governments and the current one
of Nitish Kumar responsible for Bihar`s plight, the Prime
Minister said the Congress led by Sonia Gandhi alone could
ensure all-round growth of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?