Nitish hits back, says Modi sees everything through glass of communalism
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday hit back at his Gujarat counterpart Narendra Modi for calling his state “a safe haven for terrorists”. Kumar also questioned the track record of Modi`s government in Gujarat.
"Any incident of terrorism is a cause of worry. But if on the basis of one or two incidents Bihar is called a haven of terrorism, what shall we say about several such incidents happening in Gujarat and other parts of the country?" the Bihar CM asked.
Kumar also expressed doubts on the serial blasts that took place at Modi`s Patna rally.
"Everybody knows who benefited from the serial blasts at the Patna rally which was a flop... Had this unfortunate incident not happened it could not have attracted media coverage," the senior JD(U) leader said.
Further, the former BJP ally accused Modi – the main opposition party`s prime ministerial candidate for 2014 polls – of looking at everything through the glass of communalism.
"Befitting his personality some people see everything through the glass of communalism," Kumar said, as per PTI.
According to the Bihar CM, his government had taken the terrorist attack at the Buddhist temple at Bodh Gaya and at the BJP rally on October 27 last year as a challenge and took all steps to prevent recurrence of such events.
"But, playing politics in the name of terrorism when elections are around the corner is a shameless effort," he told reporters on the sidelines of an event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls