Nitish hits back, says Modi sees everything through glass of communalism
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday hit back at his Gujarat counterpart Narendra Modi for calling his state “a safe haven for terrorists”. Kumar also questioned the track record of Modi`s government in Gujarat.
"Any incident of terrorism is a cause of worry. But if on the basis of one or two incidents Bihar is called a haven of terrorism, what shall we say about several such incidents happening in Gujarat and other parts of the country?" the Bihar CM asked.
Kumar also expressed doubts on the serial blasts that took place at Modi`s Patna rally.
"Everybody knows who benefited from the serial blasts at the Patna rally which was a flop... Had this unfortunate incident not happened it could not have attracted media coverage," the senior JD(U) leader said.
Further, the former BJP ally accused Modi – the main opposition party`s prime ministerial candidate for 2014 polls – of looking at everything through the glass of communalism.
"Befitting his personality some people see everything through the glass of communalism," Kumar said, as per PTI.
According to the Bihar CM, his government had taken the terrorist attack at the Buddhist temple at Bodh Gaya and at the BJP rally on October 27 last year as a challenge and took all steps to prevent recurrence of such events.
"But, playing politics in the name of terrorism when elections are around the corner is a shameless effort," he told reporters on the sidelines of an event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Day after 30 cows found dead, police chalks out plan to prevent smuggling
- Mathura violence: Two security staff of Ram Vriksh Yadav arrested
- 'Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP government wasting public money for image makeover'
- Kiran Bedi seeks banks' help for 'prosperous' Puducherry
- Now, helmet compulsory for pillion riders in Uttar Pradesh