Nitish hits out at Modi for hijacking BJP
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar launched a vitriolic attack on bete noir Narendra Modi Wednesday, saying he had hijacked his "old companion" BJP.
Nitish alleged that to accommodate Modi, BJP president Rajnath Singh even changed party slogan in just half an hour.
"Just see how the president of that party has to change the slogan in just half and hour to eulogise him," Kumar told reporters at Patna Airport.
He was referring to Rajnath Singh`s changing party slogan on the party`s website in favour of Narendra Modi to drive home his point.
A tweet by Rajnath Singh yesterday with the slogan "Time for change, time for BJP" raised a storm as it was a departure from the ubiquitous party posters that show prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi with the message `Ab ki bar Modi sarkar (Time now for Modi government)`.
Empathising with senior BJP leaders who, he said, were "insulted" within the party, Kumar yesterday said that L K Advani had been "imprisoned" in Gandhinagar.
He had also expressed sympathy for old guard Jaswant Singh, Murli Manohar Joshi and Lal Muni Choubey, to focus on the dictatorial attitude of the BJP key leader.
He brushed aside poll surveys and said he could not see any wave in favour of BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok