Nitish Katara case: Vishal informs court of grand father`s 13th day ritual
New Delhi: Vishal Yadav, serving life term
in the Nitish Katara murder case today informed Delhi High
Court that his ailing grand father passed away on January
one and the thirteenth day ritual is scheduled for January 11.
Filing an affidavit before the bench of Justice Anil
Kumar and Justice Mool Chand Garg, Vishal`s younger brother
Vivek said that his brother was not able to avail the four
hour custody parole granted by the bench to perform the last
rite of his grandfather on January two as the cremation took
place on January one evening itself.
He also told the court that the `Tervi` (the
thirteenth day ceremony) is fixed for January 11.
Vishal`s bail plea to attend his sister Sarika`s
marriage, scheduled for January 25, is listed for hearing
Recently, he had attended the engagement ceremony after
the court granted five hours custody parole to him.
Vishal and Vikas Yadav, nephew and son of controversial
politician from Uttar Pradesh D P Yadav, were convicted and
sentenced to life imprisonment by a trial court in May 2008
for killing Katara, son of a former IAS officer in February
2002 as they were against Katara`s intimacy with Vikas`s
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark