Nitish Kumar hits back at BJP, says `chor machaye shor`
Patna: With BJP gunning for his head after the split, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said their anger against him was "misplaced" as they themselves were responsible for the break-up by breaching trust of alliance.
"Chor machaye shor (The thief is making a loud sound)," Kumar told reporters describing BJP`s protest against him as "misplaced and sans any logic."
"They (BJP) have no genuine issue against me as they themselves are responsible for the split in NDA. BJP in Bihar is raising non-political issues against me to hog the limelight in newspapers," Kumar said in his Assembly Chamber after the House was adjourned till recess over 23 children`s death after eating poisonous midday meal in a Chhapra school.
He said the BJP was talking about collecting iron from people of Nalanda (Kumar`s native district) for constructing a statue of "Iron man" Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel.
"Nalanda has been known as a seat of learning since early days of history and not for iron mines," he said on a statement of his former deputy Sushil Kumar Modi at `Viswaghat rally` at Nalanda last week.
On speculations about a tie-up between Congress and JD(U) after the split triggered by the former voting for the ruling party in trust vote, Kumar said "as of today there is no talk of alliance with any party. (But) who has seen tomorrow?"
JD(U) has started preparing to contest the 2014 Lok Sabha elections alone, he said.
Kumar, who severed ties with BJP after elevation of Narendra Modi as chief of its election panel, repeated that his party was forced to end ties after clearly seeing "writing on the wall" (Modi becoming PM candidate of BJP).
"What was the option left for us?" Kumar said, adding that JD(U)`s stand on the matter was known to BJP for over a year ago that it would walk out if Modi was projected as PM nominee.
Kumar blamed the saffron party for wasting a chance to oust Congress from power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo