Nitish Kumar leaves for India after week-long Pak visit
Lahore: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday left for India via the Wagah land border crossing after a week-long visit to Pakistan that saw him being feted by the country`s top political leadership.
Chaudhry Ghafoor, a minister of Punjab province, and senior government officials saw Kumar and his delegation off at the border.
Talking to reporters at Wagah, Kumar said there is a need to enhance relations between the two countries.
The exchange of delegations is a good omen and will help improve ties between the two sides, he said.
"Wars are no solution to problems and we should enhance people-to-people contacts," he said.
Earlier, PML-N chief and former premier Nawaz Sharif praised Kumar for introducing institutional reforms in Bihar, making efforts to ensure supremacy of law, providing infrastructure and enhancing economic growth.
Sharif made these remarks at a dinner he hosted for Kumar and members of his delegation at his Raiwind residence last evening.
He called for the resolution of all disputes between India and Pakistan so that a positive atmosphere could be created for people across the borders.
"Exchange of delegations and increasing trade relations between Pakistan and India are necessary for the progress and stability of the region," Sharif said.
He said there were bright prospects for the development and progress of both the countries and the destiny of the people could be changed through the peaceful resolution of disputes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price