Nitish Kumar welcomes Afzal Guru`s execution
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday welcomed the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru and said the Jaish-e-Mohammad militant`s execution had to happen one day but was delayed.
"In the end, justice has prevailed and Afzal Guru has been hanged," Kumar told reporters here.
Guru`s crime was established long ago but the matter remained pending for years, he said, adding that there is a perception among the countrymen that the militant should have been executed much earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family