Nitish Kumar welcomes Afzal Guru`s execution
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday welcomed the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru and said the Jaish-e-Mohammad militant`s execution had to happen one day but was delayed.
"In the end, justice has prevailed and Afzal Guru has been hanged," Kumar told reporters here.
Guru`s crime was established long ago but the matter remained pending for years, he said, adding that there is a perception among the countrymen that the militant should have been executed much earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!