Nitish Kumar will be taught lesson for betraying BJP: Narendra Modi
Zee Media Bureau
Gandhinagar/Patna: Taking the turf battle to Bihar, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday attacked JD(U) leader Nitish Kumar saying those who "betrayed BJP" would not be forgiven.
"There is a 1974-like anti-Congress wave prevailing in the country now. The mandate of the people of Bihar was for NDA. Like then (in 1974), those who betrayed the people`s mandate in Bihar will be taught a lesson," Modi said without naming Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
Speaking to some 1,500 party leaders and workers in Bihar over their mobile telephone through audio bridge technology, Modi said that people are angry with the JD(U) for ending alliance with the BJP.
It may been noted that Nitish quit the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) at the Centre after Modi was appointed as BJP`s 2014 elections campaign committee chief. JD(U) also snapped its alliance with the BJP in the state, where the two parties were ruling in coalition.
Bihar BJP president Mangal Pande told Modi that everyone was talking about the possibility of his becoming prime minister.
The chief minister laughed away the suggestion and said price rise was now emerging as a major issue and BJP workers should work hard to fight the Congress-led central government on this and other issues.
This is Modi`s first foray into Bihar politics, also seen as an opportunity for him to settle score with Nitish Kumar.
Addressing the party workers, Modi said the relations between Bihar and Gujarat are very old, adding he has celebrated Bihar Diwas in Surat and Ahmedabad.
"We (Bihar and Gujarat) are made for each other," Modi reportedly said, adding he took birth in a village with Buddhist connection.
Everyone can learn from each other as everyone has their own strengths, he noted further.
He also called for further strengthening the federal structure, saying laws made in Delhi should not be thrust upon states.
It may be noted that Modi had kept off from Bihar in 2009 Parliamentary Elections as well 2010 Assembly Elections.
The BJP has 12 Lok Sabha members from Bihar at present while its erstwhile partner JD(U) has 20. The RJD has 4, Congress 2 and as many others are Independent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi