Nitish Kumar will be taught lesson for betraying BJP: Narendra Modi
Zee Media Bureau
Gandhinagar/Patna: Taking the turf battle to Bihar, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday attacked JD(U) leader Nitish Kumar saying those who "betrayed BJP" would not be forgiven.
"There is a 1974-like anti-Congress wave prevailing in the country now. The mandate of the people of Bihar was for NDA. Like then (in 1974), those who betrayed the people`s mandate in Bihar will be taught a lesson," Modi said without naming Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
Speaking to some 1,500 party leaders and workers in Bihar over their mobile telephone through audio bridge technology, Modi said that people are angry with the JD(U) for ending alliance with the BJP.
It may been noted that Nitish quit the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) at the Centre after Modi was appointed as BJP`s 2014 elections campaign committee chief. JD(U) also snapped its alliance with the BJP in the state, where the two parties were ruling in coalition.
Bihar BJP president Mangal Pande told Modi that everyone was talking about the possibility of his becoming prime minister.
The chief minister laughed away the suggestion and said price rise was now emerging as a major issue and BJP workers should work hard to fight the Congress-led central government on this and other issues.
This is Modi`s first foray into Bihar politics, also seen as an opportunity for him to settle score with Nitish Kumar.
Addressing the party workers, Modi said the relations between Bihar and Gujarat are very old, adding he has celebrated Bihar Diwas in Surat and Ahmedabad.
"We (Bihar and Gujarat) are made for each other," Modi reportedly said, adding he took birth in a village with Buddhist connection.
Everyone can learn from each other as everyone has their own strengths, he noted further.
He also called for further strengthening the federal structure, saying laws made in Delhi should not be thrust upon states.
It may be noted that Modi had kept off from Bihar in 2009 Parliamentary Elections as well 2010 Assembly Elections.
The BJP has 12 Lok Sabha members from Bihar at present while its erstwhile partner JD(U) has 20. The RJD has 4, Congress 2 and as many others are Independent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Judges must not hesitate to give severest punishment to rapists: Court
- Happy anniversary, Voyager 2: NASA celebrates spacecraft's legacy 35 years on!
- India ranked worst performer at Rio Olympics amongst medal winning countries
- Should Rahul be blamed for all Congressmen's crimes, asks BJP
- Shoaib Akhtar gets Birthday bash on TV show "Mazaak Mazaak Mein"