Nitish lashes out at Congress over Lokpal Bill
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar lashed out at UPA government on Monday for allegedly putting Lokpal Bill in cold storage and said the Centre`s intention on the issue was not `pious and pure`.
Kumar, who was speaking to newsmen, supported Anna Hazare`s movement saying it raised an issue of public interest and it is for the Centre to take a decision on Lokpal.
Referring to his recent meeting with senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi, he said development, agriculture and latest political situation in the country were discussed.
Asked for his comment on declaration of NDA`s prime ministerial candidate`s name before 2014 Lok Sabha poll, Kumar, who had earlier expressed himself in favour of it said "There is no need to reiterate it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border