Nitish lashes out at Congress over Lokpal Bill
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar lashed out at UPA government on Monday for allegedly putting Lokpal Bill in cold storage and said the Centre`s intention on the issue was not `pious and pure`.
Kumar, who was speaking to newsmen, supported Anna Hazare`s movement saying it raised an issue of public interest and it is for the Centre to take a decision on Lokpal.
Referring to his recent meeting with senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi, he said development, agriculture and latest political situation in the country were discussed.
Asked for his comment on declaration of NDA`s prime ministerial candidate`s name before 2014 Lok Sabha poll, Kumar, who had earlier expressed himself in favour of it said "There is no need to reiterate it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble