Nitish lashes out at Congress over Lokpal Bill
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar lashed out at UPA government on Monday for allegedly putting Lokpal Bill in cold storage and said the Centre`s intention on the issue was not `pious and pure`.
Kumar, who was speaking to newsmen, supported Anna Hazare`s movement saying it raised an issue of public interest and it is for the Centre to take a decision on Lokpal.
Referring to his recent meeting with senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi, he said development, agriculture and latest political situation in the country were discussed.
Asked for his comment on declaration of NDA`s prime ministerial candidate`s name before 2014 Lok Sabha poll, Kumar, who had earlier expressed himself in favour of it said "There is no need to reiterate it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured