Nitish lashes out at Congress over Lokpal Bill
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar lashed out at UPA government on Monday for allegedly putting Lokpal Bill in cold storage and said the Centre`s intention on the issue was not `pious and pure`.
Kumar, who was speaking to newsmen, supported Anna Hazare`s movement saying it raised an issue of public interest and it is for the Centre to take a decision on Lokpal.
Referring to his recent meeting with senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi, he said development, agriculture and latest political situation in the country were discussed.
Asked for his comment on declaration of NDA`s prime ministerial candidate`s name before 2014 Lok Sabha poll, Kumar, who had earlier expressed himself in favour of it said "There is no need to reiterate it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bodies of 14 executed in Libya's Benghazi found: Medical Centre
- MUST WATCH: When Virat Kohli toyed with Aussie attack
- Shocking: Maoist cadre reveals how women are exploited sexually by commanders
- French police ask Nice to destroy CCTV images of attack
- India avoided adverse Brexit effect, now a safe haven: FM Jaitley