Nitish, Mamata likely to emerge winner in LS polls: Survey
New Delhi: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is likely to hold on to Bihar if Lok Sabha elections are to be held today while Mamata Banerjee will win all the way in West Bengal, said a news channel.
It said that post-split with BJP, JD-U is all set to emerge as the leading party in Bihar with 25 per cent vote share while RJD is likely to catch up with 24 per cent vote share. BJP would finish third with 22 per cent vote share.
JD-U is likely to lead with 15-19 seats while both RJD and BJP are likely to finish in a neck and neck tie with 8-12 seats. Congress could only win about 0-4 seats, the poll suggested.
It also suggested public opinion on the split with BJP is not in favour of JD-U as 38 per cent of the respondents feel Nitish Kumar should have accepted Narendra Modi and 33 per cent of the respondents hold JD-U responsible for the break-up with BJP.
The poll also said satisfaction with the Nitish Kumar government among the respondents has gone down from 90 per cent to 69 per cent between 2011 and 2013. The dissatisfaction has increased from nine per cent to 25 per cent.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know