Nitish not in race for Prime Ministership: Sharad Yadav
Patna: Janata Dal(U) president Sharad Yadav today said Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was not in the race for Prime Ministership and said the high post of PM should not be "denigrated".
"Who says this.... It`s all bakwass (useless talk)," Yadav told reporters when asked whether Kumar`s name figured in the race.
"Lok Sabha comprises over 540 seats so why are you denigrating the high post. JD(U) is a small party and cannot win a large number of seats to claim the post," he told reporters at Patna airport on way to his Lok Sabha constituency of Madhepura.
Asked about many JD(U) leaders opinion that Nitish Kumar was a PM material, Yadav said, "There was no substance in it."
"Do not lower the dignity of the high post of Prime Minister of the country," he said, chiding scribes for persistently asking the question.
Some poll surveys have indicated that Nitish Kumar could be a probable for the PM`s post if "Third Front" becomes a possibility, in case of UPA and NDA not getting the requisite numbers.
Recently, senior Bihar minister Brishen Patel had said that Nitish Kumar was a perfect candidate for the PM`s post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?