Nitish not in race for Prime Ministership: Sharad Yadav
Patna: Janata Dal(U) president Sharad Yadav today said Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was not in the race for Prime Ministership and said the high post of PM should not be "denigrated".
"Who says this.... It`s all bakwass (useless talk)," Yadav told reporters when asked whether Kumar`s name figured in the race.
"Lok Sabha comprises over 540 seats so why are you denigrating the high post. JD(U) is a small party and cannot win a large number of seats to claim the post," he told reporters at Patna airport on way to his Lok Sabha constituency of Madhepura.
Asked about many JD(U) leaders opinion that Nitish Kumar was a PM material, Yadav said, "There was no substance in it."
"Do not lower the dignity of the high post of Prime Minister of the country," he said, chiding scribes for persistently asking the question.
Some poll surveys have indicated that Nitish Kumar could be a probable for the PM`s post if "Third Front" becomes a possibility, in case of UPA and NDA not getting the requisite numbers.
Recently, senior Bihar minister Brishen Patel had said that Nitish Kumar was a perfect candidate for the PM`s post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- China must recognise South China Sea ruling: Philippines
- New Zealand to keep trialling day-night first-class cricket
- Delhi sex racket busted: Girls confined in almirahs; forced to sleep with clients in cubicles
- SMASH HIT: Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is still ruling the Box Office! – Details inside
- Yogeshwar Dutt's Bronze to be upgraded to Silver: Virender Sehwag expresses excitement with HILARIOUS tweet