Nitish not in race for Prime Ministership: Sharad Yadav
Patna: Janata Dal(U) president Sharad Yadav today said Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was not in the race for Prime Ministership and said the high post of PM should not be "denigrated".
"Who says this.... It`s all bakwass (useless talk)," Yadav told reporters when asked whether Kumar`s name figured in the race.
"Lok Sabha comprises over 540 seats so why are you denigrating the high post. JD(U) is a small party and cannot win a large number of seats to claim the post," he told reporters at Patna airport on way to his Lok Sabha constituency of Madhepura.
Asked about many JD(U) leaders opinion that Nitish Kumar was a PM material, Yadav said, "There was no substance in it."
"Do not lower the dignity of the high post of Prime Minister of the country," he said, chiding scribes for persistently asking the question.
Some poll surveys have indicated that Nitish Kumar could be a probable for the PM`s post if "Third Front" becomes a possibility, in case of UPA and NDA not getting the requisite numbers.
Recently, senior Bihar minister Brishen Patel had said that Nitish Kumar was a perfect candidate for the PM`s post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM