Nitish praised Modi in 2003, BJP shows video
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: While Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar continues to hold the BJP responsible for the split in the National Democratic Alliance (NDA), the latter also appears in no mood to spare the JD-U leader.
Causing a major embarrassment to the Bihar Chief Minister, the BJP on Monday pulled out a video tape that shows Nitish Kumar praising the Narendra Modi government post 2002 Gujarat riots.
In the 10-year-old tape, Nitish can be heard giving a clean chit to the Modi government after the Godhra communal riots. The footage shows Nitish saying that Modi will become the prime minister of India in future and even congratulating him for the development work done by his government in Gujarat.
Former Bihar deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi slammed Nitish over the footage, saying, "We will expose the double standards of JD(U). We will take Nitish`s 2003 speech footage to the people."
Sushil Modi said that the BJP is pained at the insulting manner in which 11 of its ministers were sacked, saying, "This was not expected from the Bihar Chief Minister. He also demanded that Nitish must step down as "the people of Bihar voted for the NDA and not the JDU alone."
Meanwhile, Nitish refuted the allegations levelled by the BJP and said that his appreciation of the Gujarat Chief Minister was just the protocol of the alliance.
Interestingly, Narendra Modi`s elevation as BJP’s Lok Sabha campaign committee chief has triggered the BJP-JD-U split.
Addressing a press conference in state capital Patna, Kumar said, “We were forced to snap ties with the BJP since its central leadership was not listening to our suggestions and ignoring us for the past one year.”
Slamming the BJP leadership he said, “The decision to end ties with the BJP was taken by the central leadership of the JD-U after much deliberations about its possible consequences. There is no question of going back on the decision now. We can’t reconcile with them now.
Rejecting BJP`s charge that he was responsible for spilt in NDA, Kumar accused the saffron party of betraying the JD-U and ignoring its senior leaders in an apparent reference to LK Advani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof