Nitish refuses comment on Sushma as PM candidate
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Monday refused to join issue with Shiv Sena patriarch Bal Thackeray on the latter`s praise for Sushma Swaraj as the BJP`s best candidate for the Prime Minister`s post and said he will give his opinion at an appropriate time.
"I will give my opinion (about the BJP`s candidate for the prime minister`s post) at the NDA meeting to be held at an appropriate time to discuss the matter," Kumar told reporters on the sidelines of the `Janata Durbar.`
When pressed further on his assessment of Swaraj -- the Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha -- as her party`s prime ministerial candidate, Kumar said there was "a wide gap in being `PM material` and a final decision being taken about a candidate."
"(PM) material hone aur nirnaya hone mein fasla hai," he said. The JD(U) has adopted a consistent line to not discuss the prime ministerial candidate issue in public and he will stick to the party line, Kumar added.
On raging controversy over the ancestry of the Thackerays` being linked to Bihar, the Chief Minister said he had no knowledge about it.
About the JD(U)`s contesting Gujarat Assembly polls and campaigning by him for his party`s candidate, Kumar said his party will definitely contest the assembly polls in Gujarat and the decision on contesting number of seats will be taken by the JD(U) national president Sharad Yadav.
He, however, said that he may not campaign for the JD(U) candidates in Gujarat assembly polls due to his hectic engagements over the next few months.
"I will be busy in the `Adhikhar yatra` in September and October and President Pranab Mukherjee will visit Bihar on October three next," Kumar said, adding the the `Adhikar rally will take place in November to be followed by convening of winter session of the state legislature.
His visit to Pakistan may be scheduled around the year end and he will launch `Seva Yatra` to the districts from first week of December, Kumar said, adding that he will be hardpressed for time to campaign for JD(U) candidates in Gujarat assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27