Nitish remark: Will take action against Shatrughan Sinha, says BJP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader CP Thakur slammed actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha for his remarks that Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is "Prime Ministerial material" and dubbed them both as “great actors”.
The former union minister reportedly said that Sinha’s remark is contrary to the “party`s fight against Nitish.” He further said that disciplinary action will be taken against Sinha for his remark.
Defending his party`s sand on the issue, Thakur said that if Sinha wants to quit the party, then no one will stop him and his exit will not be a loss for the party either.
The controversy started when Sinha hailed Nitish as "Prime Ministerial material" and said that he wanted to build bridges between the former partners - BJP and the JD(U).
"Nitish Kumar is PM material. He is among the select few good and successful chief ministers in the country today," Sinha, the BJP Lok Sabha member from Patna Saheb said.
Sinha, who served as Union cabinet minister in the Atal Bihari Vajpayee-led NDA government, said he was not in favour of the BJP baying for Kumar`s blood and calling the break up with JD(U) a betrayal.
He said he enjoyed a brotherly relationship with the state chief minister who also regarded him with great respect.
Sinha, who has been sulking after being denied a place in new election team of Narendra Modi, also praised Kumar for his development work in the state.
(With PTI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?