Nitish remark: Will take action against Shatrughan Sinha, says BJP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader CP Thakur slammed actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha for his remarks that Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is "Prime Ministerial material" and dubbed them both as “great actors”.
The former union minister reportedly said that Sinha’s remark is contrary to the “party`s fight against Nitish.” He further said that disciplinary action will be taken against Sinha for his remark.
Defending his party`s sand on the issue, Thakur said that if Sinha wants to quit the party, then no one will stop him and his exit will not be a loss for the party either.
The controversy started when Sinha hailed Nitish as "Prime Ministerial material" and said that he wanted to build bridges between the former partners - BJP and the JD(U).
"Nitish Kumar is PM material. He is among the select few good and successful chief ministers in the country today," Sinha, the BJP Lok Sabha member from Patna Saheb said.
Sinha, who served as Union cabinet minister in the Atal Bihari Vajpayee-led NDA government, said he was not in favour of the BJP baying for Kumar`s blood and calling the break up with JD(U) a betrayal.
He said he enjoyed a brotherly relationship with the state chief minister who also regarded him with great respect.
Sinha, who has been sulking after being denied a place in new election team of Narendra Modi, also praised Kumar for his development work in the state.
(With PTI Inputs)
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- This picture of an IAS officer has gone viral on social media - know why
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2016: Wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in class 10th X Result 2016 West Bengal Board is likely to be announced on May 10, 2016
- Four months after Pathankot terror attack, bodies of 4 terrorists buried
- These five super-foods will help you lose weight in the summer!
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict