Nitish remark: Will take action against Shatrughan Sinha, says BJP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader CP Thakur slammed actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha for his remarks that Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is "Prime Ministerial material" and dubbed them both as “great actors”.
The former union minister reportedly said that Sinha’s remark is contrary to the “party`s fight against Nitish.” He further said that disciplinary action will be taken against Sinha for his remark.
Defending his party`s sand on the issue, Thakur said that if Sinha wants to quit the party, then no one will stop him and his exit will not be a loss for the party either.
The controversy started when Sinha hailed Nitish as "Prime Ministerial material" and said that he wanted to build bridges between the former partners - BJP and the JD(U).
"Nitish Kumar is PM material. He is among the select few good and successful chief ministers in the country today," Sinha, the BJP Lok Sabha member from Patna Saheb said.
Sinha, who served as Union cabinet minister in the Atal Bihari Vajpayee-led NDA government, said he was not in favour of the BJP baying for Kumar`s blood and calling the break up with JD(U) a betrayal.
He said he enjoyed a brotherly relationship with the state chief minister who also regarded him with great respect.
Sinha, who has been sulking after being denied a place in new election team of Narendra Modi, also praised Kumar for his development work in the state.
(With PTI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi