Nitish silent, Sharad says one has to pay for one`s wrongdoing
Patna/Madhepura: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday refused to comment on a CBI court order convicting his bete noire Lalu Prasad in the fodder scam but his party JD(U) president Sharad Yadav said the RJD chief was "paying" for "looting the government treasury" for his personal greed and it is a lesson for others.
"I do not wish to make any comment on a court order," Kumar told reporters when asked for his reaction on his rival Lalu Prasad`s conviction by CBI court in Ranchi in the multi-crore scam.
Bihar minister P K Shahi, who was a petitioner against the RJD chief in the case, also did not comment on the court order. "No comments," Shahi said when contacted.
JD(U) President Sharad Yadav, however, said one has to pay for one`s own wrongdoing.
"We feel bad but law is law for everybody.... If you do wrong you will be punished definetely.... Law is equal for everybody," he told reporters at Madhepura, his Lok Sabha constituency in Bihar.
The JD(U) chief said that he and other socialist leaders had helped people like Lalu Prasad and Nitish Kumar to emerge as leaders of the weaker sections after Karpoori Thakur to work for the welfare of the poor.
"But he (Prasad) after becoming chief minister of Bihar started looting the government treasury for his family and personal greed and today he is paying for it."
"Though the court order has come after 16 years it has upheld and law," Sharad Yadav said adding, "It is a lesson for others who consider power as means to fulfil personal greed".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12 XII Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be announced today on 25th May, 2016 at 3 PM
- Mbose.in HSSLC 12th Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (megresults.nic.in) class 12th HSSLC Arts exam results 2016, MBOSE to be declared today on May 25 at 10 AM
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM