Nitish wants to become PM: Lalu
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Tuesday claimed that Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar wants to become NDA`s prime ministerial candidate.
"Kumar is eying to emerge as the NDA`s prime ministerial candidate for the next parliamentary polls by seeking to rally behind him the people of Bihar to get special category status for the state," he told reporters.
If the chief minister was serious to get special category status for Bihar, then he should resign from his post and launch a `jail bharo andolan` along with his ministers, Prasad said.
He charged Kumar of being `anti-Bihar` saying that the state government refused to provide water for the Centre`s proposal to set up a nuclear power plant at Rajauli in Nawada district, where as he handed over Odhani and Chanan reservoir to a private company for a thermal plant.
On the special status issue, he said it was the Nitish who had opposed the then RJD-led state government`s demand for grant of special status to Bihar to tide over loss of revenue and natural resources arising out of bifurcation of the state, Prasad said.
Maintaining that it will be better for Bihar to plead for special package that to seek special category status, Prasad said investors will come to the state with a mindset to evade payment of taxes and get tax deferment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'