Nitish wants to become PM: Lalu
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Tuesday claimed that Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar wants to become NDA`s prime ministerial candidate.
"Kumar is eying to emerge as the NDA`s prime ministerial candidate for the next parliamentary polls by seeking to rally behind him the people of Bihar to get special category status for the state," he told reporters.
If the chief minister was serious to get special category status for Bihar, then he should resign from his post and launch a `jail bharo andolan` along with his ministers, Prasad said.
He charged Kumar of being `anti-Bihar` saying that the state government refused to provide water for the Centre`s proposal to set up a nuclear power plant at Rajauli in Nawada district, where as he handed over Odhani and Chanan reservoir to a private company for a thermal plant.
On the special status issue, he said it was the Nitish who had opposed the then RJD-led state government`s demand for grant of special status to Bihar to tide over loss of revenue and natural resources arising out of bifurcation of the state, Prasad said.
Maintaining that it will be better for Bihar to plead for special package that to seek special category status, Prasad said investors will come to the state with a mindset to evade payment of taxes and get tax deferment.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Two killed in police firing in Arunachal's Tawang
- No plans to restart ceasefire with NSCN-K: Home ministry
- Trio of Earth-like planets found may posses perfect conditions for life, claim scientists
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar to go back to Goa after Union Cabinet reshuffle?
- Pakistan regrets US lack of appreciation for its anti-terror role