Nitish`s remarks against Narendra Modi unwarranted: Sushil Modi
Patna: Joining the chorus of protests over remarks on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi at JD(U) conclave, Bihar BJP stalwart and Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi on Tuesday termed the developments "unfortunate" and said the party parliamentary board would take a call on the emerging situation at an appropriate time.
Reading a written statement at a press meet at his residence, Modi said the party`s core committee on Bihar and President Rajnath Singh will meet in Delhi on April 18 to discuss the present political situation in Bihar.
The core committee on Bihar comprises Modi, Bihar BJP President Mangal Pandey, former Union minister and BJP National Vice President C P Thakur, state ministers - Nandkishore Yadav, Ashwani Choubey - MP Radha Mohan Singh and Nagendra Singh.
BJP`s national leaders Ravi Shankar Prasad, Rajiv Pratap Rudy and Shahnawaz Hussain, all hailing from Bihar, would also attend crucial core committee meeting on April 18.
Stating that the all BJP workers were `agonised` over the unfortunate episode in the last few days, he said the NDA constituents should concentrate it energy in overthrowing UPA rule instead of raising accusing fingers on each other.
Modi, considered as the architect of BJP and JD(U) alliance government in Bihar, made these reactions after he spend time with Chief Minister Nitish Kumar during 30th foundation day function of COMFED, state dairy cooperative.
Apart from reading his statement Modi refused to answer any question on continuation of alliance and other issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?