Nitish`s remarks against Narendra Modi unwarranted: Sushil Modi
Patna: Joining the chorus of protests over remarks on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi at JD(U) conclave, Bihar BJP stalwart and Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi on Tuesday termed the developments "unfortunate" and said the party parliamentary board would take a call on the emerging situation at an appropriate time.
Reading a written statement at a press meet at his residence, Modi said the party`s core committee on Bihar and President Rajnath Singh will meet in Delhi on April 18 to discuss the present political situation in Bihar.
The core committee on Bihar comprises Modi, Bihar BJP President Mangal Pandey, former Union minister and BJP National Vice President C P Thakur, state ministers - Nandkishore Yadav, Ashwani Choubey - MP Radha Mohan Singh and Nagendra Singh.
BJP`s national leaders Ravi Shankar Prasad, Rajiv Pratap Rudy and Shahnawaz Hussain, all hailing from Bihar, would also attend crucial core committee meeting on April 18.
Stating that the all BJP workers were `agonised` over the unfortunate episode in the last few days, he said the NDA constituents should concentrate it energy in overthrowing UPA rule instead of raising accusing fingers on each other.
Modi, considered as the architect of BJP and JD(U) alliance government in Bihar, made these reactions after he spend time with Chief Minister Nitish Kumar during 30th foundation day function of COMFED, state dairy cooperative.
Apart from reading his statement Modi refused to answer any question on continuation of alliance and other issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: Is Sanskrit language losing its importance in India?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them