`Nitish`s `Soft` stand against Maoist an insult to martyrs`
Patna: Charging Bihar Chief Minister Nitish
Kumar with adopting a `soft` stand on tackling Maoist problem,
the Congress said that the former`s plea against forceful
action against the Maoist amounted to insult to thousands of
policemen and paramilitary personnel killed at the hands of
the ultras over the years.
"The Bihar Chief Minister has called for a `soft`
approach against the Maoists which amounts to an insult to the
thousands of cops and security personnel who have laid down
their lives in gun battle with the Maoists, the state unit
Congress spokesman Prem Chandra Mishra said in a statement.
"The NDA government in Bihar has adopted a `soft`
approach against the Maoist as a bargain with the ultras to
ensure its victory in the forthcoming assembly polls," he
alleged while reacting to Kumar`s stand for an integrated
approach for development of the Maoist-infested regions under
the longterm plan to eradicate the Maoist menace.
Referring to the Chief Minister`s plea for a political
solution to Maoist violence, the Congress leader asked the
former to explain initiatives taken by his government in the
past five years to bring the Maoist ultras in mainstream.
On Kumar`s stand that the Maoist were very much part of
the society, the Congress leader said that the Maoist should
be punished for their criminal acts as was the case with other
criminals, who were also very much part of our society.
"Why should there be two sets of rule for the Maoists
and other criminals” Mishra asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note