`Nitish`s `Soft` stand against Maoist an insult to martyrs`
Patna: Charging Bihar Chief Minister Nitish
Kumar with adopting a `soft` stand on tackling Maoist problem,
the Congress said that the former`s plea against forceful
action against the Maoist amounted to insult to thousands of
policemen and paramilitary personnel killed at the hands of
the ultras over the years.
"The Bihar Chief Minister has called for a `soft`
approach against the Maoists which amounts to an insult to the
thousands of cops and security personnel who have laid down
their lives in gun battle with the Maoists, the state unit
Congress spokesman Prem Chandra Mishra said in a statement.
"The NDA government in Bihar has adopted a `soft`
approach against the Maoist as a bargain with the ultras to
ensure its victory in the forthcoming assembly polls," he
alleged while reacting to Kumar`s stand for an integrated
approach for development of the Maoist-infested regions under
the longterm plan to eradicate the Maoist menace.
Referring to the Chief Minister`s plea for a political
solution to Maoist violence, the Congress leader asked the
former to explain initiatives taken by his government in the
past five years to bring the Maoist ultras in mainstream.
On Kumar`s stand that the Maoist were very much part of
the society, the Congress leader said that the Maoist should
be punished for their criminal acts as was the case with other
criminals, who were also very much part of our society.
"Why should there be two sets of rule for the Maoists
and other criminals” Mishra asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli