Nityananda`s bail plea rejected
Ramanagara: A local court today
rejected the bail application of self-styled godman Nityananda
Swami embroiled in an alleged sex scandal.
Ramanagara Sessions Court Judge C G Hugund rejected
Nityananda`s bail plea considering the "seriousness and
magnitude of the charges against him".
Nityananda, who was arrested in Solan in Himachal
Pradesh on April 21 on criminal charges including rape, was
remanded to judicial custody till May 13 by the same court on
The self-styled godman landed in a controversy in
March after TV channels aired video footage purportedly
showing him in an objectionable position with a Tamil actress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority