No action against Trivedi: Trinamool
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress today ruled
out any action against Dinesh Trivedi, who resigned as Railway
Minister, saying that he has been asked to attend the
parliamentary party meeting which party chief Mamata Banerjee
is expected to attend.
"No. He has been asked to attend the Parliamentary Party
meeting," Trinamool leader Sudip Bandhopadhyay told reporters
here. He was asked whether Trinamool will take any action
He said the Prime Minister`s Office had called Trivedi
yesterday and asked him to tender his resignation.
Asked when would Banerjee`s nominee Mukul Roy take over
as Railway Minister, he said the decision will be taken at the
Parliamentary Party meeting.
61-year-old Trivedi resigned last night as Railway
Minister ending his defiance and bringing to a close five-day
drama after he incurred the wrath of Trinamool Congress for
hiking passenger fares in the Railway Budget.
On the question of Trinamool pressing on amendments on
the NCTC issue in the President`s address, Bandhopahdhyay said
the Prime Minister in his reply to the motion is likely to
make an announcement that no further action on the proposed
organisation will take place before April 16 when meeting of
Chief Ministers will be held in Delhi.
Asked whether his party will rock the UPA government, he
said he has already made it clear that Trinamool Congress
would like to see the government complete its full five year
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video