No ATR on Ranganath Commission report
New Delhi: The government on Wednesday ruled out
bringing out any action taken report (ATR) on Ranganath Mishra
Commission report, which has reportedly recommended
reservation for minorities and SC status to Dalits.
However, the report will be tabled in Parliament in
this session itself.
"There will be no ATR on Ranganath Commission as there
is no requirement of it, as of now, since the commission was
not constituted under the Commission of Inquiry Act, "
Minister for Minority Affairs Salman Khursid told reporters
Asked when the report will be tabled Khursid said "not
tomorrow". He said that tabling of report on Friday is also
unlikely thereby indicating that it could be placed before
both the Houses of Parliament only on the last day of the
Winter Session -- Monday.
He said the ministry is trying to get the slot in both
Houses to table the report.
About the leakages of report in a section of the
media, he said "there are no leakages but mere speculation."
He further said Congress had promised to table the
report in its manifesto and the promise will be honoured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Procedural delay and not failure, says MEA on India's NSG membership issue
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy