No attempt should be made to give away land to Pak
New Delhi: After Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi flagged to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh the Sir Creek issue, BJP on Thursday demanded answers from the government on the issue and said no attempt should be made to give away land to Pakistan.
BJP also said concerns of the people of Gujarat should also be taken into account by the government before taking any further decision on Sir Creek issue.
"The Sir Creek issue is a matter of great concern for the people of Gujarat. BJP demands answers to the questions raised by Chief Minister Narendra Modi. Certainly, no attempt should be made to give away any land of Sir Creek," BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said.
She said it was only appropriate that the government takes into account the concerns of the people Gujarat.
The PMO had yesterday debunked Modi`s concerns as "mischievous" and questioned its timing as it had come a day before first phase of polling in Gujarat.
Modi had in his letter said "I am writing to you at this juncture as I was told that a decision is being taken on Sir Creek issue on December 15".
Modi voiced his apprehension ahead of Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik`s visit to Delhi from December 14 to discuss a range of bilateral issues.
Sitharaman said that "due to the election code of conduct, Modi wrote the letter as a concerned citizen and not as a chief minister of a state."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill