No berth for MPs: Railway official suspended
New Delhi: Railways have suspended a senior railway officer of Danapur division under East Central Railway after some MPs from Bihar could not get AC first class
coupe in Delhi-bound Rajdhani Express on Tuesday.
Senior divisional operating manager(DOM) Adhar Raj was suspended "for dereliction of duty" after Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi promised strong action against the senior most official involved in the episode.
"DOM of Danapur Division has been suspended for dereliction of duty and further inquiry is on," said a senior official of East Central Railway today.
26 MPs were coming to Delhi from Patna in Rajdhani Express on Tuesday. However, railways could accommodate only 6 MPs with their spouses in AC first class and the rest were accommodated in AC second class in Patna Rajdhani yesterday.
Meanwhile, railways also decided to form a special cell for handling reservations for MPs. The cell will start functioning three days before the Parliament session begins
and will be operational till three days after the end of the session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorists gun down policeman in Kashmir's Pulwama district
- BJP to hold meet with CMs' of party-ruled states, PM Modi to address concluding session
- JD(U) backs Mamata Banerjee, says resistance against Centre is growing
- Three low-intensity earthquakes hit Himachal Pradesh, no casualties
- SL vs AUS: How Graeme Smith and Dale Steyn ridiculed Steve Smith for heading home