No berth for MPs: Railway official suspended
New Delhi: Railways have suspended a senior railway officer of Danapur division under East Central Railway after some MPs from Bihar could not get AC first class
coupe in Delhi-bound Rajdhani Express on Tuesday.
Senior divisional operating manager(DOM) Adhar Raj was suspended "for dereliction of duty" after Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi promised strong action against the senior most official involved in the episode.
"DOM of Danapur Division has been suspended for dereliction of duty and further inquiry is on," said a senior official of East Central Railway today.
26 MPs were coming to Delhi from Patna in Rajdhani Express on Tuesday. However, railways could accommodate only 6 MPs with their spouses in AC first class and the rest were accommodated in AC second class in Patna Rajdhani yesterday.
Meanwhile, railways also decided to form a special cell for handling reservations for MPs. The cell will start functioning three days before the Parliament session begins
and will be operational till three days after the end of the session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore