No berth for MPs: Railway official suspended
New Delhi: Railways have suspended a senior railway officer of Danapur division under East Central Railway after some MPs from Bihar could not get AC first class
coupe in Delhi-bound Rajdhani Express on Tuesday.
Senior divisional operating manager(DOM) Adhar Raj was suspended "for dereliction of duty" after Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi promised strong action against the senior most official involved in the episode.
"DOM of Danapur Division has been suspended for dereliction of duty and further inquiry is on," said a senior official of East Central Railway today.
26 MPs were coming to Delhi from Patna in Rajdhani Express on Tuesday. However, railways could accommodate only 6 MPs with their spouses in AC first class and the rest were accommodated in AC second class in Patna Rajdhani yesterday.
Meanwhile, railways also decided to form a special cell for handling reservations for MPs. The cell will start functioning three days before the Parliament session begins
and will be operational till three days after the end of the session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brexit impact: RBI will provide liquidity wherever necessary, says Raghuram Rajan
- I should speak less now, jokes Salman Khan
- POSTER alert! Erika Kaar in Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay'
- Maharashtra districts to have own disaster management plan
- Despite big money on table, Rahul Dravid rejected Anurag Thakur's offer to coach India - Here's why