No berth for MPs: Railway official suspended
New Delhi: Railways have suspended a senior railway officer of Danapur division under East Central Railway after some MPs from Bihar could not get AC first class
coupe in Delhi-bound Rajdhani Express on Tuesday.
Senior divisional operating manager(DOM) Adhar Raj was suspended "for dereliction of duty" after Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi promised strong action against the senior most official involved in the episode.
"DOM of Danapur Division has been suspended for dereliction of duty and further inquiry is on," said a senior official of East Central Railway today.
26 MPs were coming to Delhi from Patna in Rajdhani Express on Tuesday. However, railways could accommodate only 6 MPs with their spouses in AC first class and the rest were accommodated in AC second class in Patna Rajdhani yesterday.
Meanwhile, railways also decided to form a special cell for handling reservations for MPs. The cell will start functioning three days before the Parliament session begins
and will be operational till three days after the end of the session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen