No berth for MPs: Railway official suspended
New Delhi: Railways have suspended a senior railway officer of Danapur division under East Central Railway after some MPs from Bihar could not get AC first class
coupe in Delhi-bound Rajdhani Express on Tuesday.
Senior divisional operating manager(DOM) Adhar Raj was suspended "for dereliction of duty" after Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi promised strong action against the senior most official involved in the episode.
"DOM of Danapur Division has been suspended for dereliction of duty and further inquiry is on," said a senior official of East Central Railway today.
26 MPs were coming to Delhi from Patna in Rajdhani Express on Tuesday. However, railways could accommodate only 6 MPs with their spouses in AC first class and the rest were accommodated in AC second class in Patna Rajdhani yesterday.
Meanwhile, railways also decided to form a special cell for handling reservations for MPs. The cell will start functioning three days before the Parliament session begins
and will be operational till three days after the end of the session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands