No breakthrough in Israeli embassy car attack case
New Delhi: Police is yet to make any headway in Monday`s bomb attack on an Israeli embassy car here near the Prime Minister`s residence even as it intensified search for the attacker and a red motorcycle used by him while investigators are looking into a similar attack on an Iranian nuclear scientist in Tehran last month for clues.
Investigators conducted searches for a red motorcycle used by the attacker for sticking the bomb on the Toyota Innova car used by Israeli diplomat on Monday and found one in south Delhi`s Lado Sarai but is yet to link it with the incident.
Iranian Ambassador to India Mehdi Nabizadeh said that his country would neither accept nor deny Israeli allegation that Tehran was behind the attack on its diplomat here and hoped that New Delhi will verify the case and clarify the real position.
A nine-member team from Israel embassy also inspected the cars which were damaged in the sticky bomb explosion in which the diplomat, Tal Yehoshua-Koren (40), and three others, including her driver, were injured.
The team visited the Special Cell office in south Delhi`s Lodhi Colony this afternoon and inspected the car in which the she was travelling. They also inspected another car which was damaged.
Sources said 250 to 300 grams of explosives were used in the bomb that targeted the car.
They said Delhi Police is coordinating with Israeli investigators through the country`s Embassy here and have launched a hunt for the red bike which the attacker used.
Sources said they were also looking into the attack on an Iranian nuclear scientist on January 12 in Tehran in which he was attacked in a similar fashion.
In both cases, a motorcyclist stuck a bomb on the vehicle they were using, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack