No case made out against Anna: Police to court
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Friday told a Delhi court that no criminal case is made out against social activist Anna Hazare and his team who have been accused in a complaint of instigating people against the government during their recent anti-corruption campaign at Ramlila Maidan here.
In a status report filed before Metropolitan Magistrate Tyagita Singh in compliance with the court`s earlier order, Station House Office (SHO) of Kamla Market Police Station said Anna and his team had taken prior approval from the government agencies for holding the campaign.
Regarding the plea in the complaint filed by Haryana native Satbir Singh that Hazare had instigated the people to lay a siege over the houses of Members of Parliament and ministers to press their demands, the police said they have not received any complaint in this regard.
The court listed the matter for further proceedings on September 19.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today