No case made out against Anna: Police to court
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Friday told a Delhi court that no criminal case is made out against social activist Anna Hazare and his team who have been accused in a complaint of instigating people against the government during their recent anti-corruption campaign at Ramlila Maidan here.
In a status report filed before Metropolitan Magistrate Tyagita Singh in compliance with the court`s earlier order, Station House Office (SHO) of Kamla Market Police Station said Anna and his team had taken prior approval from the government agencies for holding the campaign.
Regarding the plea in the complaint filed by Haryana native Satbir Singh that Hazare had instigated the people to lay a siege over the houses of Members of Parliament and ministers to press their demands, the police said they have not received any complaint in this regard.
The court listed the matter for further proceedings on September 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him