No case made out against Anna: Police to court
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Friday told a Delhi court that no criminal case is made out against social activist Anna Hazare and his team who have been accused in a complaint of instigating people against the government during their recent anti-corruption campaign at Ramlila Maidan here.
In a status report filed before Metropolitan Magistrate Tyagita Singh in compliance with the court`s earlier order, Station House Office (SHO) of Kamla Market Police Station said Anna and his team had taken prior approval from the government agencies for holding the campaign.
Regarding the plea in the complaint filed by Haryana native Satbir Singh that Hazare had instigated the people to lay a siege over the houses of Members of Parliament and ministers to press their demands, the police said they have not received any complaint in this regard.
The court listed the matter for further proceedings on September 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends