No case made out against Anna: Police to court
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Friday told a Delhi court that no criminal case is made out against social activist Anna Hazare and his team who have been accused in a complaint of instigating people against the government during their recent anti-corruption campaign at Ramlila Maidan here.
In a status report filed before Metropolitan Magistrate Tyagita Singh in compliance with the court`s earlier order, Station House Office (SHO) of Kamla Market Police Station said Anna and his team had taken prior approval from the government agencies for holding the campaign.
Regarding the plea in the complaint filed by Haryana native Satbir Singh that Hazare had instigated the people to lay a siege over the houses of Members of Parliament and ministers to press their demands, the police said they have not received any complaint in this regard.
The court listed the matter for further proceedings on September 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?