No Change of Guard drill at Rashtrapati Bhavan on Jan 18, 25
New Delhi: The Change of Guard ceremony that takes place every Saturday at the Rashtrapati Bhavan has been cancelled on Jan 18 and 25 because of the Republic Day parade on Jan 26 and the Beating Retreat ceremony on Jan 29, it was announced Thursday.
"The ceremony will not be held on Jan 18 and 25 in view of the forthcoming Republic Day parade and Beating Retreat ceremony (Jan 29)," a statement from Rashtrapati Bhavan said.
The Change of Guard ceremony takes place every Saturday at 10 am and is open to the public. A military tradition, it involves the periodic change of guard, when a fresh body of troops take charge.
It was opened to the public in 2007. To make it more visually appealing and public-friendly, it was revamped and relocated in Dec 2012, after President Pranab Mukherjee assumed office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe
- Pakistan had achieved nuclear capability in 1984: Abdul Qadeer Khan
- Pakistan able to target Delhi from Kahuta near Rawalpindi in five minutes: Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan