No Change of Guard drill at Rashtrapati Bhavan on Jan 18, 25
New Delhi: The Change of Guard ceremony that takes place every Saturday at the Rashtrapati Bhavan has been cancelled on Jan 18 and 25 because of the Republic Day parade on Jan 26 and the Beating Retreat ceremony on Jan 29, it was announced Thursday.
"The ceremony will not be held on Jan 18 and 25 in view of the forthcoming Republic Day parade and Beating Retreat ceremony (Jan 29)," a statement from Rashtrapati Bhavan said.
The Change of Guard ceremony takes place every Saturday at 10 am and is open to the public. A military tradition, it involves the periodic change of guard, when a fresh body of troops take charge.
It was opened to the public in 2007. To make it more visually appealing and public-friendly, it was revamped and relocated in Dec 2012, after President Pranab Mukherjee assumed office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29