No Change of Guard drill at Rashtrapati Bhavan on Jan 18, 25
New Delhi: The Change of Guard ceremony that takes place every Saturday at the Rashtrapati Bhavan has been cancelled on Jan 18 and 25 because of the Republic Day parade on Jan 26 and the Beating Retreat ceremony on Jan 29, it was announced Thursday.
"The ceremony will not be held on Jan 18 and 25 in view of the forthcoming Republic Day parade and Beating Retreat ceremony (Jan 29)," a statement from Rashtrapati Bhavan said.
The Change of Guard ceremony takes place every Saturday at 10 am and is open to the public. A military tradition, it involves the periodic change of guard, when a fresh body of troops take charge.
It was opened to the public in 2007. To make it more visually appealing and public-friendly, it was revamped and relocated in Dec 2012, after President Pranab Mukherjee assumed office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself