No Chinese parts in US aircraft: India
New Delhi: None of the aircraft supplied to IAF by the United States contain `counterfeit` electronic parts supplied by Chinese companies, Defence Minister AK Antony told Lok Sabha on Monday while citing a list of suppliers acquired from the US.
In written reply to a question in the House, Antony said the government was aware of media reports regarding possible usage of Chinese counterfeit electronic parts in military aircraft manufactured in the US.
He was asked whether government was aware that some of Chinese counterfeit electronics parts may have been used in military jets which have been sold to India.
"The IAF has acquired a list of supplier from the US government with respect to aircraft procured from the USA and none of the suppliers are found to be Chinese manufacturers," Antony said.
He was also asked whether government had purchased C-130J transport aircraft for the IAF and P8-I Poseidon surveillance aircraft for Navy, in which counterfeit parts were found to have been used.
"No P8-I aircraft has so far been delivered to India. Moreover, during the last four years of operation of the US defence equipment including C-130J transport aircraft, IAF have not encountered any faulty spare parts and equipment," he said.
It has been confirmed from Boeing, the vendor of P-8I,
that no counterfeit parts have been installed on the aircraft to be supplied to India, the Defence Minister added.
In reply to a separate question on procurements from Boeing, the Minister said, "In two separate proposals initiated by IAF for procurement of 15 Heavy Lift Helicopters and 22 Attack Helicopters, Boeing with Chinook CH-47F(I) and Apache AH-64D respectively, has emerged as the L1 vendor."
The Acceptance of Necessity cost for 12 Heavy Lift Helicopters and 22 attack helicopters is Rs 2,468.41 crore and Rs 3,094.98 crores respectively, he said.
"However, the final cost of the contracts would depend upon outcome of the contract negotiation with the L1 vendor," Antony said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'