No Chinese parts in US aircraft: India
New Delhi: None of the aircraft supplied to IAF by the United States contain `counterfeit` electronic parts supplied by Chinese companies, Defence Minister AK Antony told Lok Sabha on Monday while citing a list of suppliers acquired from the US.
In written reply to a question in the House, Antony said the government was aware of media reports regarding possible usage of Chinese counterfeit electronic parts in military aircraft manufactured in the US.
He was asked whether government was aware that some of Chinese counterfeit electronics parts may have been used in military jets which have been sold to India.
"The IAF has acquired a list of supplier from the US government with respect to aircraft procured from the USA and none of the suppliers are found to be Chinese manufacturers," Antony said.
He was also asked whether government had purchased C-130J transport aircraft for the IAF and P8-I Poseidon surveillance aircraft for Navy, in which counterfeit parts were found to have been used.
"No P8-I aircraft has so far been delivered to India. Moreover, during the last four years of operation of the US defence equipment including C-130J transport aircraft, IAF have not encountered any faulty spare parts and equipment," he said.
It has been confirmed from Boeing, the vendor of P-8I,
that no counterfeit parts have been installed on the aircraft to be supplied to India, the Defence Minister added.
In reply to a separate question on procurements from Boeing, the Minister said, "In two separate proposals initiated by IAF for procurement of 15 Heavy Lift Helicopters and 22 Attack Helicopters, Boeing with Chinook CH-47F(I) and Apache AH-64D respectively, has emerged as the L1 vendor."
The Acceptance of Necessity cost for 12 Heavy Lift Helicopters and 22 attack helicopters is Rs 2,468.41 crore and Rs 3,094.98 crores respectively, he said.
"However, the final cost of the contracts would depend upon outcome of the contract negotiation with the L1 vendor," Antony said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Lionel Messi's Argentina return hampered by groin injury, Sergio Aguero too ruled out
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic
- Govt panel for chilli-filled grenades, stun lac shells as alternatives to pellet guns
- iPhone 7? Apple Inc sends out invite for September 7 'special event'