No claimant for PM`s post in BJP: Uma Bharti
Gwalior: Senior BJP leader Uma Bharti has said there is no claimant for the post of the Prime Minister in her party.
"There is no claimant for the Prime Minister`s post in the BJP, where anyone who is capable can be chosen by the party`s parliamentary board," Bharti told reporters here last evening.
Bharti`s remarks come in the wake of the debate about who would be BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate for the next Lok Sabha elections.
On the rape of a Swiss national in Datia district on March 15, she appreciated the efforts of the police to arrest the accused in the case.
Atrocities are taking place against women all over the world which is because of the change in thinking of the people and administrative weakness, the former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends